Sign in to follow this  

RaceTech Fork Springs

I got my set of RaceTech fork springs today. The 3 page instruction sheet has lots of info, maybe too much, as I found it a bit confusing (see avatar). Seriously, though, I'm not sure if the spacers that came with the springs are to be used or not. As best as I can determine from the directions, They are to be left out. Anyone out ther know for sure? Oh yeah, They are the 44s for a KLX300.

I got spacers with my RT springs and did NOT use them. If you want a little more preload on the forks, put them in.

Watch out for hurricains!!!

Ride on

Brewster

Thanks FLboy and Brewster. I'm familiar with that thread and others as well. That thread was one that helped me decide to go with the 44s. I compared the new and old springs, and the 44's were a tad shorter than the stock springs. It was evident that the included spacers were exactly the thickness that made up the difference, so I put'em in. This gave me 40mm of race sag, so I'll take the spacers out, which should give around 50mm race sag. Many think that 90 - 100mm is a good race sag for this bike. Maybe these 44's are too heavy? We'll see how they ride.....

UPDATE: I contacted Carl at RaceTech, and he said the spacers were meant to go in, for the purpose of keeping the spring length the same. Still have yet to try it out on a ride.