Sign in to follow this  

ASV F1 On An 05 CRF450R

I bought the ASV F1s today which I hope is a waste of money as I have never broken a lever. Anyways, I wanted to maintain the stock perch on the clutch side with the hot start. Unfortunately the ASV is not as thick as the stock handle so I used washers to build up the difference (1 standard thickness on each side and 1 added thin on top. Additionally, I had to drill out the mounting hole as it is designed for the CR - I should have put them on my 250. After screwing around with them for an hour they are on and look good. No problem with the brake side. How much slop should there be with up and down motion within the perch measured from the end of the lever - I measure about 3/8 of an inch and want to make sure I have the proper washer thickness. If someone could measure their stock lever play then I won't have to take it apart again. Thanks

T-Diddy

Honda levers are clangy anyway. Just enough clearence to no bind and not be to floppy. Whatever makes you happy! I dont crash much I spend my money on unneeded engine mods like athena kits and porting! All a waste when A guy with a stock bike keeps up with you. yuk!

Just changed a washer out for a slightly thicker one - now it feels stock solid with no play. Might as well fess up to stripping out the bottom thread on the clutch perch and had to put a helicoil in it - better than new.

I haven't crashed for a good year and usually don't buy stuff like this but I like the feel of the levers they are fatter and are adjustable to accomodate finger length for feathering.

T-Diddy

Nothing like honesty. Keep those helicoils around you are going to need them for the fork leg protectors!

I haven't crashed for a good year and usually don't buy stuff like this but...

I was moving my bikes around (in the garage) the other day and the 450 fell over. Had there been a stock lever on, it would have been toast.

I haven't crashed for a good year

T-Diddy

DOH! Not only have you thought that comment, but you put it in writing!!!

Stay away from the track this weekend.

and NEVER say "I'm going out for ONE LAST ride" or "ONE more time". That's a guaranteed soil sampling.

Hahaha better knock on wood or as K-fab said you will get a nice soil sampling, lol

I just got some ASV F3 levers, running them on a works perch. They are sweet.

Shameless plug: I have a ASV C5 clutch lever/perch for sale