Sign in to follow this  

Diaphram in the front Mastercylinder?

What does it do? I know this is a stupid question but , is it to take up volume? :applause:

The plunger is inside, it moves in and out creating pressure on the pads. Are you for real?

Yeah I am. I am talking about the rubber diaphragm inside the Master Cylinder,DIPSTICK.

It also provides a gasket to the cover of the MC. It is just a Question!

I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but if I had to guess, it's to allow the fluid to expand when it gets hot. The brake fluid gets very hot under extreme conditions, therefore expanding and taking up more space. That diaphram (which is hollow) you refered to will allow the fluid to expand.

Make sense?

Oops, yea it keeps pressure down on the fluid to keep air out and away. Sorry, the heat is effecting my head!

Thanks yitsock, that makes sense. No worries motocrsr82, sorry about the DIPSTICK comment.

fcr

No worries grasshopper! We all have a little smarry butt in us! We are all brothers in the fact that we love to ride, jump and roost! Hey guy I drove a 18 foot tahiti big block boat last weekend, oh my gosh I thought my honda 488 was fast!