Sign in to follow this  

Yuck!!! pics

I finally got myself in a jammer I couldnt get out of bymyself yesterday,

Was crossing a little muddy ditch that is about 10 ft straight down a foot or so of slimey silt in bottom and then about 10 foot back up,usualy isnt a problem just get a little momentem and blast up other side,I was climbing out and was met with a pretty large tree branch about chest high :eek: like a dummy I mashed the brakes,I should of just gunned the bike and bailed at least the bike would of been up the bank.

Well long story short I slid back to bottom,I could go up or down the ditch but couldnt get enough speed up to angle up and climb out,I would come close then slide back down to bottom in a heap,after close to 2 1/2 hours of dragging bike out of mud and picking bike pack up,it finally landed upside down in bottom and I just didnt have enough left to drag it out of mud again,so I walked about 2 miles to town all covered in mud to payphone,my dam cellphone wouldnt work :applause: after I called my son to come help get my bike one of those ATV guys saw me sitting on the curb waiting and offered to help,he went home and got his ATV and his brother,then my son showed up also,it took about all the 4 of us had to get the thing drug out of mud and up the bank,I tried to pay the ATV guy but he wouldnt take any$$ and I was to tired to argue..

heres a couple pics from today before I washed bike...

SVI_0001.jpg

SVI_0007.jpg

SVI_0005.jpg

...I tried to pay the ATV guy but he wouldnt take any$$ and I was to tired to argue..

Good of you to offer...good of him to refuse. :applause::eek:

That's what I love about dual sporters, racers, trail riders, mountain bikers. Almost everyone is willing to help the next guy on the trail, and we don't expect anything for doing it. We all know the day will come, or has come, that we're gonna need a bit of help too.

Don't be bummed! :applause: At least I hope you aren't. :eek: It's pretty when it's dirty. It still runs right? I mean, I would assume it does, it is a DRZ.

Wicked story..sounds like fun! :applause:

Bike seems pretty un-muddy for how much mud it was in though!

Glad u made it out of the hole unscathed...

I spent 1/2 a day helping a guy who went off the trail @ Pozo in California.... Ne 1 who has ridden there knows what I am talking about :applause: damn near a cliff in most spots and the trails are off camber, just wide enough for a tire... aka goat trail. Strait up and down. I would do it for about anyone... cuz I would hope they would do the same for me. :eek:

I have always offered and never taken money, but if offered food, especially warm food, I always say yes!

It is strange how a "brotherhood" develops when you are away from it all. I risk my own safety to help someone out on a trail, but once I am in the car and on the way home, I seem to be more self-centered.

BTW, I got stuck in mud so bad one time that a 4x4 barely got me out. It was the goopy sand and mud mixture that you could walk on one moment and then the next you were up to your waist. Very scary.

like a dummy I mashed the brakes,I should of just gunned the bike and bailed at least the bike would of been up the bank.

I call that the "bronco method"!!! :applause: Seen him launch his bike more than once :eek: The worse thing is that I then have to follow him up what ever he had to launch up.

ive had my toyota and my bike stuck in the mud more times that i can count and everytime a fellow wheeler or rider helped me get out and wouldnt execpt any payment and i have returned the favor quite a few times thats wat i love about our sport everyones willing to help out fellow riders

hah, enduroman, I know exactly what you mean. THe first time I was there, I asked, "What the heck happens when someone flies off the trail?". Apparently one guy in my club was stuck down there for hours before anyone noticed. He finally climbed up the trail and left gear up there for people to find him as he slowly tugged his bike up the "hill" er... cliff

Sounds like a good place to carry a Z- drag rig. It's a rope system white water folks use to pull rafts and kayaks out of hydraulics

glad ya back home safely, thats the most important!

and thumbsup for the atv guys :applause:

Remember - A bad day on the trail is still better than a good day at work.

Been there, done that. Get your DRZ stuck in deep mud just once and you'll realize how heavy she really is. Now I stay away from the deep stuff with her, and leave that to my light 2-strokes. Something I can pick up and drag out by myself. ; )