Thanks again Jesse

Yep, got the FMF today, took some time to put it on.

Got a couple of 'around the block' rides, nothing serious...first thing I did though is hit it hard in first.

STOCK......nothing...even with a good pull

Remove Backfire screen......front comes up much easier, but still requires a pull

Re-Jet....no pull required, unless you want a two gear wheelie

Pipe...COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL I got it around the corner, nailed it and WOW, that front end came up like it used to with a BIG yank prior to re-jet, and I didn't even PRETEND to pull...ALL throttle!!!!

Can't wait until the morning, when I get it out on the highway going to work!!!!

Oh, and WOW it sounds MUCH nicer...yes, a little TOO loud for me...but I'm sure I'll get used to it! LOL LOL

Thanks Jesse, you are, once again, DA MAN!!

Kick ass man, now ok, so FMF makes a full system or just the silencer part for the DR? I think I want one. . I'm also planning to get the dyno-jet kit. . I'm bored with the stock power.

L.L.

This is just a silencer, but it looks NICE, sounds even better, and if you are 'bored with the stock power', look out!!!

Just do it!

P5Pilot,

I'm jealous to say the least. Jesse sent my pipe out July 5th, and being here in central PA it feels like it's coming by wagon train.

I must agree with the power increase the dynojet kit (155mj 4th clip pos, 1100 ft asl), airbox mod, removing the backfire screen, running amsoil 10w-40 synthetic motorcycle oil, and drilling the slide gave me. I can't wait to really uncork the bike when my FMF Q finally arrives.

I plan on installing the 160mj. I think I may be just a touch rich, but not much. The bike is pulling strong. The base ring is a shiny black color, and the insulator is a darker brown.

I was hesistant to modify the bike in any way. But I couldn't resist and i'm glad I did. If you haven't done it, just do it. You won't be dissappointed. If you dont want to drop the big bucks on the exhaust right away you will certainly be happy or even content with the jet kit and mods associated with it.

Greg

Clearfield, PA

P5Pilot,

I'm jealous to say the least. Jesse sent my pipe out July 5th, and being here in central PA it feels like it's coming by wagon train.

I must agree with the power increase the dynojet kit (155mj 4th clip pos, 1100 ft asl), airbox mod, removing the backfire screen, running amsoil 10w-40 synthetic motorcycle oil, and drilling the slide gave me. I can't wait to really uncork the bike when my FMF Q finally arrives.

I plan on installing the 160mj. I think I may be just a touch rich, but not much. The bike is pulling strong. The base ring is a shiny black color, and the insulator is a darker brown.

I was hesistant to modify the bike in any way. But I couldn't resist and i'm glad I did. If you haven't done it, just do it. You won't be dissappointed. If you dont want to drop the big bucks on the exhaust right away you will certainly be happy or even content with the jet kit and mods associated with it.

Greg

Clearfield, PA

Say Greg,

What does the AMSOIL cost in relation to Suzuki oil? I bought 6 quarts, and a filter for my 650, and the daughter's 200, and the flippin bill was like $40.00!!!! What is UP with that???

Oh, and rode the thing around awhile on the way to work today....it can be scary!! That front end is WAY too light now, and I just KNOW I'm gonna get a flippin' ticket!!!! :eek: In fact, with throttle alone, in the parking lot at work, almost flipped over!!! SHEESH, gotta get to the mall this weekend before they open and do some practice....either that or maybe I should find a dirt field, eh? :applause:

The amsoil oil costs about $6.50 a quart after shipping and tax, and if you are a preferred member. A preferred membership cost $20.00 a year, and you save 15 to 20% off your order. I bought a whole case of 10w-40 motorcycle oil and it costed me 81.00 shipped to my house.

Yes it's expensive, but worth it. You will feel a power increase, and I feel the added engine protection is well worth the cost. I'm gonna leave the oil in 1 riding season or 3000 miles. Which ever comes first. Changing the filter every 750 miles and topping the bike off. Im using hiflo filtro filters.

I put the oil in at 1000 miles. Most say 1500 miles before synthetic, but i rode the bike pretty hard during break-in and I hadn't noticed any difference in the engine loosening up anymore after 800 miles.

Well, I hope my pipe comes tomorrow, well today i guess since it is after midnight here in PA, and your amsoil question is answered.

Greg.