Where do you put your bikes at night?

Just got my toy hauler. A friend of mine has a 35 ft toy hauler where the "garage" is separate from the rest of the living quarters. Mine is only 25 ft and the bikes basically stored in the same room when traveling.

I was curious what most people do at night. I don't want the bikes inside (even though the beds allow room for everything) because of the smell of gas ETC ...

If you keep them outside, whats a good way to lock up?

Thanks,

I keep mine in the garage which is attached to the house.

When I stop out in the middle of nowhere to eat at a restaurant or something like that, I would like one of those locks that they make, but I disconnect the spark plug thingy and disconnect the fuel hose from the valve. Just incase somebody decides to come and check take it, they will have a delay at getting it going. :applause:

Just get a cable long enough to run through the frame and wheels of each bike and secure it to the tounge of the trailer or hitch of the truck. I prefer though, because I figure that I would be close enough to hear if someone was trying to cut the lock. I also have a couple of U-locks that I lock the front wheels together with.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I leave it outside and lock it up depending on where I am and what the people around me look like. I also bring it in sometimes and never have smelled anything. My rear bunk will lower with the bike inside too. Just make sure you turn off the gas on the bike and run it for a bit to remove some of the gas out of the bowl.

• 2 years later...

wow, I never lock our bikes, normally I camp at El Mirage, and Glamis, no one really messes with our stuff, but I do keep the bikes really close to my bed window and make it difficult if someone was to try something, in reality, if people do wander into our campsite looking for stuff, I dearly feel sorry for them as we camp with alot of friends, family and dogs, we're friendly but you know. It wouldnt be wise or they better do it really fast and zig zag out.

I was curious what most people do at night.

Thanks,

We use a 10x10 ez-up right next to the trailer that they stay under. Lock them up together, and/or to the toy hauler somehow....Also throw a cover over them too.....it works for the Harley's, dirt bikes, or quad.

- Hooks

Like others have said, go to home depot and get a 15' cable lock. I like to run the cable though the frames if I can... I park the bikes right next to the ass end of my toy hauler, and I have a very protective dog with good hearing.

It also helps if you party till 3am. kids get up at 5am, so that leaves a very small window of opertunity.

• Like 1

Like others have said, go to home depot and get a 15' cable lock. I like to run the cable though the frames if I can... I park the bikes right next to the ass end of my toy hauler, and I have a very protective dog with good hearing.

It also helps if you party till 3am. kids get up at 5am, so that leaves a very small window of opportunity.

Well said. ................... bahhh ?

I dont know why you are worrying about sleeping and needing to lock them up. You should just not be a panzy and ride non-stop.......lol jk

Seriously though they make those gorilla locks that take a plasma cutter to get through. Tie it around a tree, axle of a trailer; and to your frame or subframe. You can take a wheel off or cut spokes too easily.

Just got my toy hauler. A friend of mine has a 35 ft toy hauler where the "garage" is separate from the rest of the living quarters. Mine is only 25 ft and the bikes basically stored in the same room when traveling.

I was curious what most people do at night. I don't want the bikes inside (even though the beds allow room for everything) because of the smell of gas ETC ...

Thanks,

I'd lock it inside your trailer. Just take the tank off and store it in other area if gas fumes are the problem. Our bikes are locked all together inside a trailer, the trailer is fully locked, all locked within a shed. All of that and I am still nervous.

depends on where you camp i guess. i've never camped anywhere that i felt i had to worry about my bike, so i just park it outside and go to sleep. if i bring 2 bikes, and i ride one all day, i will sometimes use a regular cable to lock the other one to the trailer tongue.