Sign in to follow this  

Camping at Georgetown?

Zekedawg and yzwiley seem to be pretty close to eachother. Anything to that?

you can camp there. best to camp at mace mills. Bring bug spray, lots and I mean lots of mosquitos there this time of year. camp down in the trees aways from others if any any quad campers are there, doubful, but the traisl are not good for quads so sometimes you get a few mrons riding all over the staging area. if any are there that may dust up your camp site. its getting very dusty, but the good news is the trails are very empty too.

Bald Mountain Staging area about 7 miles further East on Wentworth Springs Rd (before Quintette) and at a higher elevation than Mace Mill is better for RVs.

I checked out Bald Maountain and maybe the area is more open, but camping under the trees at Mace Mills is way better.

I towed my 24-ft Hauler into Mace Mills and had a sweet setup away from the trail heads and another trailer too. When you come into the staging area (Kiosk on Right)you can turn right and go down into the trees.

I think that was the first time I met BigBob. Maybe second time. I apologize for the niece and nephew riding through camp all day turning up the dust. I think the two year old on the trike raised more dust that weekend then the 3 8 year ols did on their motos.

Anyway I really liked that place, but I could see it getting crowded on a good fall/spring day. I was there late fall before the rains and there was one other rig in the whole place.

Sweet trails. Love the #1 Black Diamond switchbacks.

To me the best place to camp with a trailer is at the top of the hill just past Mace Mill & The Kiddie Corral, go past the Mace Mill OHV SIgn & Map, down a slight grade, then up around to the left then right, at the top you can camp on the right side or back into the gravel area. I have camped at both places with a 29' toy hauler.

Kraig

cera.org

Thanks for the info guy's. Sounds like that's where I'll go.

I checked that place out at the top of the hill. It would be good for sure, but not as much area for the kids to tool around in. The dirt area there down fromt he kisok worked out pretty well, but the dust is definatley more at that location.

I can't wait to get back there we had some good times.

Mace Mill is prettier and Bald Mountain is easier to access with an RV. If I were to camp up there I'd probably choose Mace and carefully snake the rig in there. It is possible, for if you were there during the Fools Gold Enduro you'd be surprised at the size of the rigs that can make it into the place. Have fun in the dust and remember it's a red sticker restricted area.