Sign in to follow this  

Front fork special tool

If you have a compressor - Use a rattle gun. If you do not have a rattle gun buy one. Can get a cheap one in $AU60.00. Best money you will spend and a great deal of fun to boot.

Cut your old seal in half to get the new one in or get a piece of 45mm or there abouts pipe.

I did my seals a few weeks ago no probs.

well i made all the tools myself but i work in a cnc shop :applause:. i dont see a way around the inside nut im pretty sure u will need a tool but for the seal driver u can use a pvc pipe with the same diameter. its not as hard as it looks.

Australian are not New Zealanders any more than Americans are Canadian.

And yes I did mean an Impact wrench. Found mine kept spinning until I used the Impact wrench. :applause:

I have an impact wrench any idea what socket size. Someone also e mailed me a photo of a tool he made out of pipe that will line up with notches in the fork so the nut can be taken off. Also anyone know the PVC diameter needed for the seal press? I would like to have everything I need on hand before I disassemble the forks.

42mm if its a 250

Rattle Gun?

I assume your are talking about an Impact Wrench be it 1/2 or 3/8?

Man I need a Australian to American translation convertor 🙂

I met my nieces boyfriend while they where home from school from Auckland NZ and I commented about his Sandels and he called them Jandels.

I was like huhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :eek:

I've made several trips to Australia... always fascinating... I like some of their word conversions like these:

Fast food "To Go" = "Take Away"

Street sign for an upcoming hill says "Rise"

I was eating at a semi-fancy restaurant in Tasmania and they had NO idea what Ranch dressing was.... never even heard of it.... Then I went to Sizzler in Perth and it was just like any other Sizzler....

Either way I sure enjoyed my time there. Thanks Aussies. :applause:

Australian are not New Zealanders any more than Americans are Canadian.

And yes I did mean an Impact wrench. Found mine kept spinning until I used the Impact wrench. :applause:

Both Aussie's and New Zealanders stick their lips out like monkeys when they talk which gives them indistinguishable accents.

If it looks, talks and walks like a duck, it is a duck.

As for American's and Canadians being the same: Americans can easily be distinguished from Canadians. The Canadians have a liberal aura that sluffs off and stenches up everything they go near.

mines a 93 model

Allen key underneath is 10mm. I used a 52 (2") x 3.2 (1/8") steel tube to drive in the seals.

Cheers