I sat on the 2006 kx250f

I was fortunate to go to laguna seca for the us gp. the kawi tent had on dsiplay a 2006 kx250f I was able to sit on one and man what a nice bike i currently own a 2004 crf250r and this kawi is super slim!!! Did I mention it looked sweet!!!!! IT will sure be a contender.

One thing i really like about what kawi did on that bike is the frame and the new Showa suspenders. I do however wish they had put on the new Kayaba forks and shock that the kawi 450 has. :applause:

I'd love to see if any noticable motor changes were made.

Can't wait to see the new 'zuke aluminum framed rmz250 if they put it on for '07.

I was under the impression that Showas were a better fork.I hated the Kayaba suspension on my 2004 KXF.

i had the 04 rmz 250 and now have the 05 kxf 250, i personally like the kayaba's on my kxf.i also heard that the showa was better, i suppose its a personal preferance? :applause:

Kayaba's way to harsh.Nothing plush about them.Had to send them out, spent more $$$ to be re-worked, still was not impressed.The Showas on the CRF out of the box were 100% better.Can't wait for the 2006 KXF.

Generally the stiffer the fork the faster the rider. Maybe this is what kawi/suzuki were going for with the 04's???? Perhaps they thought the bike was so much faster than anything else out there. I have to change the oil as this has never been done yet, but other than that I can't complain. BTW, I noticed the stock tire that came on the 04 works like crap with the fork, the d756 is soooooooo much better. I know it won't fix the harshness, but all the washing out and headshake disappeared.

I could care less if Showa or Kayuba or Walmart makes the suspension, whatever it takes to make them anywhere near a stock crf250 I'd be happy. Like previsouly posted, I revalved my kxf then rode a stock crf w/factory settings and was amazed.

One thing i really like about what kawi did on that bike is the frame and the new Showa suspenders. I do however wish they had put on the new Kayaba forks and shock that the kawi 450 has. :applause:

I'd love to see if any noticable motor changes were made.

Can't wait to see the new 'zuke aluminum framed rmz250 if they put it on for '07.

Ask and you shall recieve....

Here are some things to look for as far as engine revisions on the KX250F:

The basic engine design was carried over from 05'. However it was reworked to increase power across the range, and they payed particular attention to add more top end power and more power at over rev. The ports and combustion chamber have been revised, there will be more compression, and the ignition has been reprogrammed. This is just a few changes from the 05 engine.

I really am interested in getting an 06 KXF250. I have a 2004 CRF250 as well, but im planning on getting a new bike at the end of the year. How did it feel and look compared to the Honda. Would it be something that you wouldnt be interested in? I just really really dont want the Honda if its going to have dual pipes, and the Kawi is looking REALLY nice.

Twin chambers require alot more time and technique.

NOt really. They are much simplier to break down and quicker than the single chambers. You just have to measure the oil diferrently on the twin chambers and be WAY more precise on the oil levels in both chambers.

How many of you that say the Twin CHamber Showas are better than the single chamber KYBs have ridden a new YZ or 2 stroke 250 Kawi with the Twin chamber ASSOS Kayaba forks? Sounds like no one. Having ridden both back to back, the showas are nice, but the KYBs work better (stock vs stock same model year). Maybe it is the 1mm difference or just that KYB took the Showa design and improved it?!!! Now with the S3 forks with the 06 YZs, that should raise the bar way over the Showas.

NOt really. They are much simplier to break down and quicker than the single chambers. You just have to measure the oil diferrently on the twin chambers and be WAY more precise on the oil levels in both chambers.

How many of you that say the Twin CHamber Showas are better than the single chamber KYBs have ridden a new YZ or 2 stroke 250 Kawi with the Twin chamber ASSOS Kayaba forks? Sounds like no one. Having ridden both back to back, the showas are nice, but the KYBs work better (stock vs stock same model year). Maybe it is the 1mm difference or just that KYB took the Showa design and improved it?!!! Now with the S3 forks with the 06 YZs, that should raise the bar way over the Showas.

I think you need to read my signature but incase you missed it let me show you my garage.

http://alexandjen.com/250450.jpg

In comparison to the Showa's on my 450, the KYB aren't sqaut. As far as raising the bar over showa in 06, I highly doubt it. All they did was anodize the inner chamber. Showa's been doing that for years.

And apparently your just dumping oil when you service your foks. Have you ever taken them apart to really clean them? It takes alot more than the KYB's do.