Sign in to follow this  

Mph

just wanted to see what top speeds(in MPH) you guys have accomplished on your 50s. im at about 40mph with no big bore.

40 stock isnt possible, i saw a 108 hit 40 with stock gearing and i was shoked, it was running tall street tires tho. my bike hits around 45 but i only rev it that far when i got the streets on.

yea well the rev box i got boosts the top end a lot . my firend killed me in the low end before i had exhuast then i would blow by him in the top end. doesnt matter what size motor cuase think about it if the 108 spins like 10k rpm and a 50cc spins 10k it will still go the same speed. the bigger the bore the more low-mid power.

Were you trying to draft NASCAR style when you got that info? Or was the car towing you along? :applause: I can show you a hill by my house that a stock 50 might break 40mph but I don't think you want to be in the driver's seat when it does. :eek:

no there was no car towing me... sorry its about 37or 38mph im guessing. my little free yamah jog moped 2-STROKE has a speedo and it goes 35 and the fifty blows by it so i knows its somewhere in that range.

The whole reason for changing gearing is to compensate for the extra power you have on tap after adding these big bore kits. My brother has a Takegawa 106 super head stroker kit on his and I couldn't imagine riding it with stock gearing. You do understand why that may be a factor in overall top speed? RPMs mean nothing, unless that's what you're geared for and that's where you ride.

I got a Kitaco inner rotor on mine. I don't know what a rev-limiter is, until the valves start floating. Start in second gear, finish in second gear. Usually finish in first or second. Just rev it out. It's geared right. The whole point being is that without having your bike geared to work for you you're just wasting your time. RPMs and MPH don't mean anything. If my bike does 20 I don't care, that 20 is where I need it to be.

revbox does nothing for stock motors, there is mechanical limitations before the box does anything. the "LIMITER" on the stock box really isnt a limiter at all its a ignition curve that makes it lose power at top speed. this is proven by dynos.

with the right cam and tuning the motor can go up to 12000 with the stock box, stock goes around 9500.

the 108 HAS a fatass cam, fat carb, HD valve springs, thing rips..

cant be compared to stock.

so you call some cheap scooter guage as your reliable source? cuz i use my 04 tacoma thats perfectly calibrated with the MANY radar check speed signs i see everyday. 40=40...

Thank you five0. I was hoping that I wasn't on my own trying to educate this guy. Look around and see what's going on, and you'll learn a lot more from this forum. Don't start making claims that you know and I know aren't true. If my 50 could outrun a 108 I would have left it stock.

A bigger bore should help on the top, its a longer stroke that helps at the bottom.

but that still doesnt change the speed... you could put a 124cc bore up kit... and it would still do the same MPH as a 88cc... just get there faster... its all about gearing :applause:

i did 60km/h on a bone stock 50 (sorry i dont know mph), im pretty shure thats about35 to 40 mph. that was on a smooth paved road.

I ran next to my wife to the end of the street. I was on my '05 stock bore 50 with K&N and rev box and she was in her Honda Accord and I was doing almost 25mph at the top of second. Third is a long gear and I never even got into it. So, I can imagine a stock 50 hitting about 40mph. Maybe I can get here to check this for me... I will get back to you.

I have a compleletly bonestock 50, i ran it beside my 91 tacoma (and by five0, its perfectly calibrated) and i got 32ish on a gravel road. im guessin 35ish on dirt :applause:

32 MPH on a bone stocker, rider weight 150#, measured via GPS. Whoopie!!:applause:

40 stock isnt possible, i saw a 108 hit 40 with stock gearing and i was shoked, it was running tall street tires tho. my bike hits around 45 but i only rev it that far when i got the streets on.

the 108 doesn't change the top end much!! it will just get it there faster!! they should really regear!!

My 108 running 15/35 gearing and 67/18 primary gear ratios runs out at about 55mph.

It has plenty more power to pull more gear if I wanted a motard bike but its setup perfect for the tracks I ride in the dirt.