Sign in to follow this  

Question on Big Gun Pipe & Rev Box

When I bought my 04 RMZ it can with a Big Gun complete pipe system & rev box - bike was bought 2nd hand. I've only just taken off the stockos to try the aftermarket Gig Gun items.

Has anyone had problems with either Big Gun rev boxes or other aftermarket boxes? APPARANTLY the exhaust system should run fine with existing jets, so I'm thinking its the rev box. Bike starts fine when cold but not when hot - backfires and farts. Never had a problem with the stock items. Bike started easy hot or cold.

It is running a 42 pilot & 185 main.

Just didnt know whether it was a simple fix or just go back to the stock rev box?

Great forum as well.

Thanks

I could not get the rev box to run at all on my 05 rmz.

The smartest thing to do is to call Mike at BigGun and ask your questions.In case your wondering, the best box out there is the Vortex CDI unit,2nd best on the Dyno is Pro Circuits.Don't know anyone who runs the Big Gun Rev box.In fact I don't know anyone who use's that pipe.

I was real happy with the gain in performance and noise with the pipe and rev box over standard. I rode it for about 10 hrs with the standard setup, then about another 2 with the big gun stuff. Ideally I know the vortex is the better one but it came with the bike.

Are you sure it has a 185 main? That's huge! I only run a 180 on my 290 bike. Most that I've seen run between a 172 and 180.