Seat question for Sangair.

Is that a fourstrokesonly competition seat cover on your KLX?

Is the tall seat foam easy to install on the stock seat pan?

I like the cover you have alot but I noticed fourstrokesonly sells a couple different ones. I am pretty sure it's a competition cover but wanted to confirm that with you.

Thanks,

John

Is that a fourstrokesonly competition seat cover on your KLX?

Is the tall seat foam easy to install on the stock seat pan?

I like the cover you have alot but I noticed fourstrokesonly sells a couple different ones. I am pretty sure it's a competition cover but wanted to confirm that with you.

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

You are correct. I bought mine back in 2003 from Four Strokes Only. I've viewed their website recently and it looks like they still sell the competition seat cover and tall foam. By the time I purchased the cover, tall foam and labor from a upholstery shop, it was a bit pricey. but IMO..it's probably the best cover out there.....after about 1000 miles later, it still looks brand new. ?

(I can hear Bill P. typing a response right now :applause: Yes Bill..I spit shine it after every ride :eek: )

I've got a different but related question: Anyone ever cut down their seat foam, or does someplace make a lower seat for the klx? After seeing Kevin Windham's crf450 at US GP with seat cut down about 3/4" at the front, I've been thinking my 30" legs might benefit fom such a mod.....

Thumper Racing also has a tall seat kit. I don't know if it's on their website, but I do know that it's in their catalog. Hopefully I'll get one with a gripper seat cover for my birthday......