Sign in to follow this  

Where Do I Get Klx400 Plastics?????

I am a big fan of the green Kawasaki look, but i couldn't find any KLX400's in my area so i recently bought a 2002 DRZS. It's yellow which isn't exactly my favorite colour. So I'm looking to turn it into a green machine. I googled KLX 400 plastics kit and couldn't find squat. Anyone got a hook-up to finding a set?? :applause:

Check Rocky Mountain MC, Chaparral, or Dennis Kirk for Acerbis plastic kits. You can get the KLX green for the whole bike. The tank is not in the kit, though.

Check Rocky Mountain MC, Chaparral, or Dennis Kirk for Acerbis plastic kits. You can get the KLX green for the whole bike. The tank is not in the kit, though.

Wait, your telling me Acerbis makes plastic for a one year bike (2003)and thay don't offer blue,for a bike that's been out for FIVE years ! :applause:

They don't have green kits...I don't think. They list Black and White.

Oh...I see. They don't have a green kit...but you can get green parts.

The only plastic you can't get from acrebis in green is the headlight shroud, but kawasaki only sells it for 30 some dollars compared to suzuki's price which is quite a bit more IIRC

I ended up finding motorcyclesuperstore.com to be pretty good. No luck on a headlight shroud yet. I'm thinking it's gonna be a dealer item.

That's kinda what I just said....yes it is oem only :applause:

I also converted to the green. I got the KLX tank off ebay cheap and the rest was odered from RockMountain or Dennis Kirk. ( cant remember which one but I think DK because of free shipping over $100.00) Kawasaki has the green headlight shroud for about $35.00. The green looks really nice on this bike. Good luck on your conversion.

The only plastic you can't get from acrebis in green is the headlight shroud, but kawasaki only sells it for 30 some dollars compared to suzuki's price which is quite a bit more IIRC

10guy, I thought you were suggesting kawa.com, but i only found aftermarket parts there. Thanks for the input. :applause: