Sign in to follow this  

SDG pro mini

how much does the SDG pro mini cost and where can you get it from. can you get it in australia.

no there is know in australia where you can buy them, because ballards offroad has stoped selling them.

Have a look here http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=750551&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

They come out of the same factory as my pitboss, if you're at all interested in one you'll find your nearest dealer at VMMotorcycles

Other than that i'd be looking at "Thumpstar", "Factorybike - Desert" or the "Motovert" as these seem to be the better quality aussie bikes.

i recently got a motovert and it is awesome, for $2000 you get a great bike with awesome power and suspension. they also have great spare parts service and the importers really stick by there produt and if there is a problem they will fix it free of charge.

there is a motovert pro 125 comming soon should be interesting

Tjhe thumpster is a way superior product but its twice the price of the motovert. If money is no option go the thumpster 125 Pro but if value for money is the go its hard to go past the motovert Type R for $2299

i bought my type r motovert for $2000 and im happy with it. i have had a little problem with the rear brake but i is getting fixed by motovert this weekend because a modfication from the factory was not carried out.

me and two mates got one and have ridden them hard through the bush for a few weeks now and nothing has failed. if you decide to get one make sure after the first tank of fuel you go over every nut and bolt and make sure they are tight.

Just get a klx 110. I have had a few knck-offs and they are pieces. They seem nice at first but they are unreliable and aren't as agile as a 110.

Does the SDG have the 1 down 3 up shift pattern? Just learing about the different types of transmissions and want to stay away from the rotary type. :applause:

Got my new Australasian Dirt Bike mag last week, came with the 05 Ballards catalogue. Says to call for SDG prices and info.

Give Ballards a try......can't hurt. :applause:

ooh... i rode one of those rotary ones... bad times... really hard, had to concentrate on shifting... and it was wierd... after 4th, it went back to neutral... it was lame

there was a sdg at the south moran track on the weekend and the guy who owned it didnt have much good to say about it because it keeps breaking. i raced him on my motovert and it killed the sdg. the 06 motovert is coming out shortly and i saw it on the weekend and it is awesome.

I do know a few things about them just from sitting on one.

1.The shock doesnt move.It felt like it was just a solid bar honding the swinger up.And yes I checked and there was a shock there.

2.The marzocchi forks stuck.When you pushed them down some they would stick.Def not good

3.The oil cooler that comes on the thing is the biggest ugliest thing I have ever seen on a pit bike.Way overkill.

Other than that and the frame is way overbuilt and weights a ton the bike seems alot better than the older SDG's but that doesnt say much.

I have a Pro Mini and i love it! The power is good and the marzocchis work great. Im glad the oil cooler is on there, it will help with the life and performance of my engine in the long run...the frame is exactly what it needs to be..STRONG!!!

all the sdg's have 1 down 3 up...my sdg motor has been running really strong and somewhat fast...after riding pretty hard yesterday at elsinore advanced 50 track i noticed my motor is losing power on top...also when u shift i can feel it in the foot pegs..kinda strange, i think the motor is pretty much toast.....

im replacing the motor with the lifan "monster motor" from classic honda

yeh i got my pro mini about a month ago and its a trick bike. The motor is really strong and the marzochis soak up alomost anything. I recomend buying one if you can find a dealer in Austraila

sdg :D blew 2 trannies.bought a gpx 124 motor.solved that problem.on to shock and new peg mount.spacers and thicker oil help the stock forks alot.the sdg pro mini is way to big.its like sitting on a big wheel 85