Got the UFO assy

Turn sigs are fast

Want to slow them down--of course

heard of 2 or 3 diff bulbs

which one is the best that will fit right in with out doing any mods

20w hal from Radio Shack? for example

just wondering if anyone has the part number and place to buy

Thanks very much

None of the bulbs are a direct fit. The radio shack ones need to be either bent or soldered....the walmart bulbs need the socket to be reamed.

Thanks

Well I will just have to go that way than

Thanks again

just wanted to get the right one 1st, if there was one

Turn signals are fast...so what! :applause:

I installed the UFO light and the lights blink faster but they are not so fast that it is a problem. If I could get by without the lights altogether, I would, so I won't spend even a minute trying to improve their operation. If I get stopped and my blinkers don't even function, all I get is a "fix it" ticket. If the bulbs burn out, I will seek one of the replacements mentioned, otherwise the UFO light fine as is.

The tail light on the UFO is DOT legal, but I think that the blinkers are not, anyway. What I am trying to do with the UFO light is make the bike be marginally legal for street riding so that I can connect up trail heads.

A friend of mine makes a thing called Motoblink that will run any blinker bulb and keep the rate the same. It is a little microprocessor module that replaces the flasher and automatically cancels the flasher after a minute or so. I like this idea because you could even put LED lights in there if you wanted. PM me if you want details.

Thanks Deadman--I found that site last night, just stumbled on it, neat stuff there

ac5zo--1 bulb burnt out, so I am going to update now--that Motoblink sound great

Look for the Motoblink solid state blinker at:

www.dogitdesign.com

:applause:

It is a replacement flasher unit that does not need a high current bulb to run at the correct rate. It will operate LEDs too, from what I understand.

It takes about five minutes per blinker shell to ream out the hole big enough to fit GE921s inside. The good thing doing it this way is the bulb is flush against the lens so it's very stable. Then take some silicone (I used Automotive GOOP) and seal the rubber to plastic shell. Mines been in over a year through crashes, etc. and are still going strong...

I think I will try the Radio shack idea 1st and if not working go with you idea DaveI

If they last that well, than what the heck

Thanks

ac5zo

It will not come up here on my computer at work

I will try it at home

This computer firewalls everything

Thanks again

You can also buy a load equalizer (Badland are about $20.00); it is a simple 3 wire connection, one to the + R blinker, one to the + L blinker and one ground. I installed mine with the wiring harness behind the headlight shroud. Directionals blink at a normal rate.

No need to F around with bulbs and sockets. Have all 4 flush mount directionals front and back.

This site is such a great place

lots of input and ideas

Thanks to everyone

I will spend alot of time here reading

have a great day