Sign in to follow this  

Kentucky ride update

I hate to say it but the Daniel Boone ride is kind of a bust, had good riding on saturday (well Patty did, with my brothers....Rachel and I took a nap :eek: ). Sunday was an awesome family day at S-tree, probably the driest I have ever seen it. Patty said that her "BBR" TTR was better than ever with the Works shock and the other "Bling Bling". She was happy to see some other girls on Crfs on the trail and wanted to chat (Girls :applause: ) but we were in search of a lost brother who was leading the pack and apparently did'nt understand that he should look back occasionally. We caught up with him almost at the end of S-tree (6-7 miles later). After a short period of law breaking on the highway, we found that our favorite resturaunt (421 Cafe...home of the biggest hamburger I have ever seen...no $#!T, it's like 5 inches tall)) was closed so we headed back. Patty made a rather spectaular fall after trying to decide whether or not to hit a tree, followed by another on a rocky incline, Bruised and battered....she was only concerned about whether she scratched her BBR swingarm....where did I find this girl???

Yesterday, we started to get fallout from the hurricane in Florida...but decide to ride Nathan McClure??, (way out in the middle of mountainous nowhere), In the pouring rain we decided to attempt this goat trail with 50-200 foot shear drop-offs, I took a hard fall onto my elbow on the way into the trail...still not sure of what I hit, but my front wheel just tucked under and tossed me off, slick rock I guess. My brother decided to tell me at that point "Watch out...It's slick down here". The trail was sloppy wet and slick, but became more narrow as we went, single track at best. It was beautiful over-looking a lake, but eventually we decided that we did not want to die there so we turned back.

More downpours expected so we are loading up and heading to the national air museum in Dayton for an improptu change in vacation plans.........having lots of fun, taking lots of Tylenol...Wish you were here 🙂

Sounds fun except the rain and lack of giant burgers. Your a lucky man, I can't get the wife to even think about a bike. :applause:

I can't remember what rain looks like, can you bring some back? Got any pics of this adventure??? I've always wanted to hit that museum out there, heard it was gigantic. Thanks for the update! :applause:

That Kentucky clay is real slick when it is raining! Good idea to pack up and do something else. :applause:

Thanks for the update Andy sounds like a ton of fun the Air Museum sounds like a blast take some pics and put them up!! Tell the familiy we said hi!

Hey Andy:

Chris, Michael, Madeline (yes, Madeline!) and I made it about a mile further down the trail than you and Rob did before Rob said he was scared :applause: and wanted to go back. Very cool with steep drop-offs and slippery moss-covered rocks :eek: . Still very slippery even though no rain for 3 days. Chris and I are going to try it sometime with smaller bikes if it is dry.

Michael and I are going to riding with Chris Oct 14-16. Check your schedule.

Your favorite brother Marc

I live in Ohio. My wife and I would like to find a good riding spot in Northern Kentucky, hopefully near I-75. Any suggestions?