Replacing Valves

I have an 2004 KX250F and I just bought new Kibble White vavles and springs. My stock vavles were ok except the left intake for what ever reason it would keep sinking into the head. The head of the valve measures one millimeter smaller in diameter than the good one. Does anyone have a thought on why just that one side would ware so badly verses any of the others? :applause:

I have had 4 of them, all 4 of mine and everybody i know who has one has trouble with the left intake, wish Suzuki/Kawasaki would give us a technical service advisory with the answers but im sure it will never happen!

My valve seats are not gone they are in awsome shape I wonder if once in a while you get a bad valve

Generally the stock seats aren't "bad". They are simply too hard. The bronze seats are way softer and help save the valve. Get the bronze seats....

I had the copper berylium seats fitted with new Ti valves and nothing has moved since. The left intake always seems to be the problem.

The seats may look good and you can fit a new valve but you may be re fitting a new valve in a short period of time. Whilst you have it torn down it may pay to have a head expert look at it.

Can't say for up there but down here it cost $66 aussie dollars per seat + the cost of the head service/cleaning etc. The mob who did mine also re cut the seats at slightly different angles and it seems to work a lot better. The valves must be sealing better.

anyone know what it cost to put bronze valve seats in?

WMR does bronze seats and guides, had them done on my bike and valves have been perfect since. I think it was like $350.00 or $400.00 can't remember because I had a bunch of other stuff done at the same time.

I think the reason the left side goes first is because it is the side closer to the timing chain and the chain causes even more vibrations than even the cam does on it's own. The extra vibration causes the spring to harmonize sooner and vibrate so bad that can't control the valve and they beat themselves to death on the hard seats.

The right valve wears out fast too but not as fast as the one next to the chain.

Just my opinion. :applause: