Sign in to follow this  

Tech 5 springs???

I have not heard of these... I would be concerned if the big distributers are not carrying them. I like to stick to the test and proven method. So, maybe you will hear from somebody that has tried these.

They are new to Dennis Kirk (which is a fairly large retailer).

I am looking for something with a lighter weight application and increased ride height, for my son's 50.

This is the best that I have come up with for my application needs (and budget), but I have never heard of them so I am very skeptical. :applause:

Sounds like those would do the trick... I know my Applied are dang stiff, but work well for my 225lb butt.

Looks like you are going to be the pioneer and test it for us... hehe! I would be skeptical as well, especially since you cannot inspect them first.

www.minibikesprings.com the shit to git

I ordered a set of front and rear springs. This sounds like it will be exactly what I need. It will set the bike up @ 1" and be mildly harder than stock for jumping. The best news is I got a 25% discount by getting a set of fronts and rear springs. $75 for a suspension set-up is pretty good.

Anybody want my old Applied rear spring for dirt cheap ????

What are you asking for the Applied rear spring? (shipped)

Also, let us know about the quality of those springs. Once you get them installed, let me know if the front springs rattle in the upper rpms and/or if they clunk during extension or going off a jump.

Sounds like you got a great deal for the suspension upgrade, congrats. Enjoy.

Let me get the new ones installed and ridden a few weeks, then if I am satisfied I will let you have the Applied shipped to you for $20.

It has about 4 months ride time (by a 7 yr old) on it. Needless to say it is in perfect shape.

I plan on putting in the new springs Fri night and going on a ride Sat morning so I will let you know. My son is not the best at telling me the result of my upgrades. I just have to closely observe how it affects his riding. He loved his Applied spring (because it was RED) but I could tell that it was too stiff when I watched his whole body shaking madly over rough stuff. :applause::eek:

Sounds good and very smart move. Sounds like you enjoy the sport... I look forward to seeing my little one riding. Red is always better. Hehe. I take it he races? Perhaps that is why you watch so close and/or care so much?

Keep me posted on those springs. And I am interested if you still want to sell the Applied after testing the new one.

Well the new springs from Mini Bike Springs are awesome..

Troykrum if you still want the Applied then lets get together.

BTW: I could not tell it but my sons front springs had been hammered a little too long. One was in 3 pieces and the other in 2 pieces..... Needless to say the new ones will be a lot better.