Sign in to follow this  

How long does Baja Designs take to ship a kit?

They told me a week but now it's a week and a half. They have not charged my credit card yet. Do they normally ship a DS kit a week after you order it?

they sometimes run out of a fender or other component and it can get back ordered.

call them and ask whats up.

its not just BD--they are actually very good about these things--it happens at all the suppliers.

right now i have stuff on back order from IMS (a new tank--mine has a manufacturers defect--i.e. it leaks!!) and its been a month and i have to call them and stay on top of it....i also have backordered parts from my dealer. Periodically stuff gets charged to my account and it shows up at my door UPS...its sort of a mystery--but eventually it does get here...

It's not an odd bike, I have a Honda CRF 230 and I am going to call them up, I just wanted to get other opinions from people here.

update - I called them and I guess they should have told me 2 weeks since that's the current wait now.

I was in the same situation, and was wondering "What's up?". I have not had any problems with Baja Designs other than them not calling to say that an item is backordered. It would be nice to know if your shipment is going to be 2-3 weeks late because of it. Other than that, I give them a thumbs up.

I overnight shipped the one for a xr650 I used to own.

I don't want to pay the extra cash for overnight shipping. The 2 weeks is not due to a back order for a part, just the amount of orders they have. I guess it would be quicker in the winter when a lot of people don't ride.

i ordered mine from trick dual sport and they had it in stock, got it the next day, regular shipping

skullhat

i ordered mine from trick dual sport and they had it in stock, got it the next day, regular shipping

skullhat

You got it the next day because you live close enough to them to be in the standard 1 day delivery zone for ground shipping. Nobody's shipping overnight and not charging for it. (expensive!)

You got it the next day because you live close enough to them to be in the standard 1 day delivery zone for ground shipping. Nobody's shipping overnight and not charging for it. (expensive!)

Acton vs. San Marcos... I'd say they're in the same delivery zone. I guess its the stocking/shipping department. :applause:

Mindblower

Anything from Bakersfield to San Diego ship overnight and we use ground service.

The biggest complaint of this thread is that the customer has been waiting for the kit and not how long it takes UPS to deliver it.

And I'm still waiting for a shipment to get handed to UPS 2 weeks later. Then it's 5 days via UPS to me in NC.

They shipped in on the 13th but they did not email me to tell me that - I found out when I checked my credit card info on line. It should be here one Wed.