Sign in to follow this  

Anyone up for a big dualsport ride?

If any one would like to do a dualsport ride from Loveland to the trails at Grand Lake and back on a weekday, give me a shout. It would be best for me on a Mon. or Tue. and will go like this....Leave at dawn up the hwy 34 canyon through Estes Park(coffee break), ride through RMNP on fall river road (the one-way dirt road) and up over the pass to Grand Lake (gas/breakfast). Ride the trails along Stillwater pass road (which I know well) until ultimately rideing Illinois Pass trail across the continental divide. Spits out at Hwy 125 for a short shuttle back to Stillwater Pass road back to Grand Lake (gas/lunch). Back through RMNP to Loveland for beer and standing around giving the monkey butt a rest :applause: .

Anyone interested? C'mon Summer will be gone soon!

Indeed, it will be fun. The trails around Grand Lake rock. The singletrack up over Illinois pass may be the sweetest in all of Colorado. And I should note that except for the pavement sections, this will NOT be a slow/scenic ride.

Sounds fun, but, weekdays are an issue. :applause:

I know, that's what sick leave is for :eek: . It's soooo much better on weekdays on and off the pavement.

My friend and I are interested, but skill level might be an issue. Are these like double black single track littered with 3' tall obstacles or something more along the lines of Cpt Jacks (still black diamond but no enormous obstacales)? My friend has never ridden single track before, but he's not too bad.

My friend and I are interested, but skill level might be an issue. Are these like double black single track littered with 3' tall obstacles or something more along the lines of Cpt Jacks (still black diamond but no enormous obstacales)? My friend has never ridden single track before, but he's not too bad.

The trails are not hard overall, just a few minor challenges here and there and most of the trail will be quad track until the last ten miles. Ya'll won't have any problems. Let me know if this coming Mon. works for you. Also, you will have to purchase a pass to get through RMNP. I have a year pass but I don't think we can sneak more than one bike through on it.

This coming Tue won't work for me but any other Mon or Tue down the road would be ok and I may be able to round up another rider or two from work for next week or beyond. Are you in Loveland?

I'm interested too. I've never rally done a proper duel sport ride though - just off-road and not much pavement, but I'm plated and have a 4 gal. tank. I can swing a Monday, except for Monday July 25 (out of town). I live down in Boulder, so maybe I can meet up with the group in Estes Park somewhere? Keep me posted or PM me. Gary. (PS. sounds fun! I just rode Synder Creek last weekend)

I'm not much of a pavement rider either and would not do this on a weekly basis, just have the itch for a big adventure ride every so often. Estes Park would be a good meeting spot...or the Dam store for anyone from Berthoud and north. This Monday work for you Gary?

Tim

Tim, Just got back in town. Sorry for the late response. This Monday July 18 is probably not a good day for me, since I'm leaving town for a week on Tuesday. Too much to do on Monday! Don't let this stop you from going though. I'll be back Tues. July 26, so if you haven't gone by then, I'll catch you then (or the next time you go). My first available day is that Friday July 29 or Monday/Tues Aug 1 or 2. I'll check this post while out on vacation. Have fun! Gary.

No prob. I should wait too actually as we are headed to Breckenridge Tue afternoon for a few days and should spend Mon getting ready for that. Let's aim for Aug 1st or 2nd. Have a great trip!

Tim