Sign in to follow this  

Love or Stupidity???

Well, after a strong storm about a week ago here in northern VA, fairly large tree was knocked over onto my track 😛 (a locust tree). Of course, the only way I would be able to ride my track would be to cut the tree out, no problem. Until the next day, I wake up with bags under my eyes, lines under my eyes, a rash on both arms, legs, stomach, and neck :eek:🙂😛 . Well today it has gotten worse, my eyes are now half swollen shut and the rash has almost doubled its size (after taking a bath in laundry soap; a home remedy, and after calamine lotion). I guess next time I cut a tree down Ill wear pants, long sleeves, and gloves. :applause:

where at in NoVA? i'll come test out the track for you...

LOL

Hope you feel better, i get the wicked outbreak from poison ivy as well...

poison ivy is the worst. i used to get it extrememly bad and would have to take steriods to help it go away. i mean my eyes would be swollen shut for days, my face would look like a baloon. id have to wrap paper towles around my legs to absorb all the puss.. :applause: just plain nasty stuff.. id have to say the worst time thought was me and a friend found a poison oak vine. well we figured like everything else it must die in the winter. so we cut it at the bottom and used it as a rope swing for 1/2 a day. WOW.. that was extrememly stupid. my entire christmas break pretty much sucked becuase of the poison ivy. i think ive become slightly immune to it, becuase ive gotten it twice in the last 5 years and only in very small 4x4 patches. :eek:

i guess im lucky, ive come into contact with poison ivy plenty of times and have never gotten rashes or anything...guess im immune to it, anyway, hope you feel better.

thanks guys...

made a trip to the docter's today and turns out the rash that ive got isnt poison ivy or oak or sumac. in fact, the doctor wasnt even really sure what it was :applause: . needless to say, he put me on roids to see if it will clear it up and if it doesnt then we'll have to worry about what it really is.

oh, and phreakingeek, its just a small practice track, nothing big at all. not even a jump :eek:

the doc doesnt even know what it is.. yet he puts you on the roids to see if it clears. IMO, its time for a new doc.

well what he really said was more along the line of, he doesnt know what plant it came from... and what made him confused is that the type of rash usually comes from when a person is allergic to a type of medicine.

the doc doesnt even know what it is.. yet he puts you on the roids to see if it clears. IMO, its time for a new doc.

LOL yep, I hate when doctors do that :applause:

You can get a rash just from locust. I cut a lot of it for firewood. So far the only thing that bothers me is if I jab myself with a thorn. It will swell up a little and be sore for a week. Locust can kill certain animals if they eat certain parts of it (I can't remember if it is the bark or leaves) I think horses are prone to getting ill from locust, so a lot of horse lovers hate locust, but they are a hardy tree and difficult to get rid of. They make great firewood, fenceposts, and the hardest flooring imaginable.

Get this...I have a bump on my leg that is extremely sore so I go in to see the doctor. She takes X-Rays, comes to the conclusion that it is a stress fracture yet she has no real evidence to prove this on. Puts me in a walking boot (Out of Contention) for about 8 weeks. I check in 8 weeks and it is not any better. It is then that she discovers that it is actually a tumor! What is up with that?! :applause::eek:

I aint allergic to poison ivy, too bad I'm allergic to everything else. Honey, peanuts, soybeans, cats, pollen, dust, ragweed, and I used to be allergic to milk til I took allergy shots.