Sign in to follow this  

six days of michigan

anyone going? I am trying to convince myself to go. I went last year and it was awesome. I don't need much convincing but maybe some motivation. it is just a great ride.

I would love to go on this ride, and will sooner or later - maybe even this year. I live in Ohio, and would have to travel about 8 hours to get up there - not too bad for 6 days of riding. I have no problem getting off work, but it would be real tough to get away from the wife and kids for 6 days. I heard that a lot of guys bring along their road bikes and ride a day or two on the road to allow time to recuperate from the dirt riding. I hope to be there in '05.

I am sorta going to be up there for the 6days. I am heading up to Detour on the 23rd. I am helping mark Drummond Island for Tuesdays day on the Rock. Then once all you fellas are on the trail I am gonna run sweep. Should be a hoot.

Keep an eye out for a Green extended cab Ford Ranger 4x4 w/ a CRF250x and a YZ426 in the back. That will be me.

chris,

don,

sorry, i can not make it out there this year. if you see my brother-in-law ed (P.O.S. KDX200 w/ mich plates) and/or my buddy john (blue DRZ400 w/NJ plates) tell them they suck eggs. :applause:

good luck if either of you guys ride the event. "johnUK" just emailed me and he will be there again. brian will not be as his son is too fast for the kids group but not old enough yet to have an OH DL.

ps

you guys bitching about driving up from OH should try it driving out from NJ - i live 0.05 miles from the atlantic ocean!!!

pps

see link in sig for writeup from last year's ride.

ppps

chris, you slacker, you owe me pics from last year ace!!!

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I'm, in,, been really busy but I told myself I got to do it got all the paperwork about two weeks ago.

Sorry, this dog is out for this year.....

Had the vacation time set aside, but after reviewing the ever-growing list of summer projects that have been neglected (hell, not even started), I decided to spend the week at home with the wife, kids, and projects. May try to sneak up to Wolverine on Thursday (my b-Day!) for a day ride... it's only 3 hours away.

Hey Wrooster.... rode with Ed at the Wolverine / Harrison enduro back in June... BIG FUN.... if that event trail didn't convince him to to ditch that POS green stink bug, nothing will. I think he had fun on the ride.... well, if he considers panting and foaming at the mouth like Ole' Yeller to be fun.... Either way, I'm hoping he runs the Jack Pine national enduro with me on August 21. Hell, it's only about 1.5 hours from his house.

Have fun on the ride guys!