Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F in the woods

Alright, I searched the suspension forum and see there is a mixed review of how well some F's work in the woods. I picked up an 03 to make a woods bike and had the impression the suspension could be superior to my 03 KTM. Is it worth the investment to get it setup for the woods? I also see some riders just changed the fork oil to 5wt and had success in the rocks, which is what I ride. Any input would be great.

For rocks and roots and generally nasty stuff, I'd go w/ a revalve AND a steering stabilizer. I have an '03 w/ MX-Tech suspension setup for off-road and a Scotts stabilizer. Mine isn't quite as plush as some KTM's I've ridden, but it's a good compromise between Idaho woods riding and mx track riding.

I haven't changed mine since I got it new. My height/weight are about right for the factory springs. I think it works great in the woods. Only after ~20-30 miles do I wish I had something a tiny bit more plush.

all rider, not the bike.

there have been 2 members of TT on blue 250f's (Leroy Shook and Greg Gillian) that have won races in the 4strk A class at the GNCC. that would be BEATING the big motor bikes in the process.

then there is that Aussie by the name of Stephan Meriman that pretty much cleans the competition in the World Enduro Series. not just in his class, but overall as well.

so, *maybe* it is a capable woods bike. :applause:

Great woods bike.. Light, flickable, Can't ask for much more.. I love mine for that.. Could use the wider ratio tranny for the off road stuff though.. I just bought a wr250f and have converted it over to all yz except for the starter and wide ratio tranny.And am adding a 290 Kit............. I have won my Vet class on my 05 yz250f against alot of way more powerfull bikes in a D-36 cross country events..

I would still have my KTM MXC 200 if I could sort the suspension out. I could get the 200 set up nice for any one particular type of terrain, and it would kick anywhere else. The YZ250F's suspension is way more versatile, and I hardly make adjustments anymore after Enzo tapped their magic wand on it.

I think i would call George that is the owner of pro action suspention.

He live's where your from.

I am in colorado and a man that was taught by him out here goes arround to the races here and has a lot of people happy with him. They keep a record and keep working with you no matter what skill level you are.

Greg

Who's the suspension guy in Colorado? I've been looking at getting mine done soon, but can't seem to find any reputable local guys....

I just had my YZ280f suspension revalved and setup for Enduro by Precision Concepts. It is wonderful and a huge improvement. It is so much less work to ride on the same trails I have been riding for the last year with a stock setup... It's amazing! It puts a smile on my face every time I get on the bike. :applause:

RH