Sign in to follow this  

Need suggestions for passenger footpegs for 05 WR450

Does anyone have any great ideas for mounting passenger footpegs on an 05 WR450F? I've licensed it and of course the kids want to go for rides. There are some holes in a bracket on the right side that work OK but I was hoping for a good idea that was cheap and would allow me a little more flexibility in locating them. I've found some clamps that should go around the frame tubes and I'm guessing that is the best that I will be able to do without welding some tabs on to the frame.

Can you post a pic of the sub-frame area of your bike-both sides? I could probably come up with something if I know the avail. area and exhaust clearance. You can look at the pics in my garage of my DRZ's factory mounts and maybe that would help (2 bolts off sub-frame to accomodate a hanger bracket). Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks DIZZE for the offer. I've found a bracket that I'm going to try for my left side and see how it works. I've concluded that building a custom bracket or welding a tab on the frame is the best way to position them correctly but with the minimal usage I'm reluctant to put that much effort into it.

extex--you may be right about the minimal useage, but my kids practically fight over who went last, they love it. To me, it's worth the effort.