Sign in to follow this  

Mattawa Staging Area Camping?

I've been told that you can camp at the staging area outside of Mattawa. Is this okay with BLM or any other governing agencies? Any suggestions on a particular part of the area to camp? We'll be using our truck camper, and will be pulling the bikes and quads on a trailer.

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated. We'll be heading that way either Thursday afternoon or early Friday, and will stay until Monday.

I just read at www.pantra.org forums that all BLM lands are closed due to fire danger. Seems like we have had enough rain, but you better check.

I read that too, I will give BLM a call. I understood it to mean that fires were not allowed. :applause:

TONY

OK, I called BLM office in Wenatchee (509-665-2100), the only restriction is open fires. You can camp at the trailhead without any trouble. Just dont have a campfire :applause: .

TONY

Thanks Tony! I really appreciate you checking on that. We'll make sure to leave the firewood at home then, leaves more room to bring some extra water anyway.

If you're in the area, stop on by, we'll have plenty of libation and grub. We'll be in a dark gray crewcab dually Ford with an Arctic Fox Camper on the back, and a trailer. We enjoyed some tighter woods riding last week, so some more open stuff will be fun.