Sign in to follow this  

why the weight difference between the 125 class and 250 class bikes

i was looking at stats for bikes and comparing the yz125 and yz250(no "f") and there is a pretty good weight difference.. same goes for the 250f and 450f. seeing that both the 125/250 and 250f/450f share the same chassis and everything, the only difference is a bigger piston.. what causes these big weight differences between each class :applause:

i thought they should be within atleast 4-5 pounds since everything is the same :eek:

Not only that, but by adding power (don't kid yourself, a 250F isn't nearly as fast as a 450) the engineers need to strengthen the entire bike. Ever look at a CRF250 chassis? It looks like a bicycle frame next to a CRF450 frame. Then you add things like bigger rear tires, etc and it adds up in a hurry. Same goes for the 125 and 250 two strokes, they may look the same, but start measuring stuff and you see where the weight is...

Haha, MX guys complaining about weight:lol: . The most obese MX bike is still way lighter than that pig of a bike I ride :applause:

Like they've been saying, everything is beefed up. 450's and 250 2t's have bigger clutches, cooling systems, transmissions, etc. then their smaller counterparts.

i was looking at stats for bikes and comparing the yz125 and yz250(no "f") and there is a pretty good weight difference.. same goes for the 250f and 450f. seeing that both the 125/250 and 250f/450f share the same chassis and everything, the only difference is a bigger piston.. what causes these big weight differences between each class :applause:

i thought they should be within atleast 4-5 pounds since everything is the same 🙂

You can't be serious, yet it's not funny.