Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford info

does anyone know if a hotel near stonyford? I am heading up there this weekend, and one of the guys that is going said he stayed at a hotel that was realy close but can't remember the name of it.

Maybe Google Hotels in Stonyford and or Maxwell?

Maybe Google Hotels in Stonyford and or Maxwell?

You have been to stonyford right? :applause::eek:🙂

The closest places would be maxwell or willows.

Yeah, I have been there before but never stayed in a hotel there before. He just seems to remember there is a hotel very close that he stayed in a long time ago!?!?!? Google hasn't been much help either, oh well!! :applause:

Both Willows and Maxwell are at least 45 minutes away from the staging areas.

There is tons of free camping. 3 or 4 campgrounds at Stontford alone. Plus two lakes nearby that have shoreline camping. ALL FREE

😛😛:eek:

Bring a tent or just an air mattress & sleep on the ground. You'll be glad you did! :applause:

Try to stay away from the wide open areas where those quads like to goof off! 🙂

The friend may have Stony confused with Middle Creek. Same national forest, but different locations. Middle Creek has lodging pretty close to the staging in the town of Upper Lake.

You have been to stonyford right? :applause::eek:😛

The closest places would be maxwell or willows.

Yea - didn't know if there was anything in the "town" where the ranger station is - isn't that the town of Stony? 🙂

Yeah, the ranger station, store, Po and the bar. There are no motels in Stony that I know of that is why I said the closest would be maxwell or willows. The friend must be confused.

I thought about buying a place over there and renting it out to dirtbikers when I wasn't using it. Might be a useful item.