Sign in to follow this  

xtream Habitat is off till 8/3/2005

All i know it's frustrating with all these cancellations. I don't even want to tell anyone to go but If we don't keep trying the tree hugers will win again.....

OK IT IS NOW OFF FOR THE 14TH AND SUPPOSEDELY FIRM FOR 8/3/05 @ 7 PM

911 NEVER FORGET !!!

J.P.

semper fi

"W"

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke (1729-97)

NOHVCC

JORVA

XTREME

AMA

Tread LightlyMaster Trainer

o boy.... but hey its going to work out better for this anyway. cuz everybody in our town that races is going to unadilla to race thursday.. i would be going up to race but i messed my knee up. o well still going up sunday tho.

thanks for the update man.

Oh well, looks like I'm out if that's definitely the date. I'm leaving for VT on a road ride 5am 8/4 until Monday or Tuesday. I'll never be ready to go if I kill Wed night up there.

dammit! :applause:

According to Tim James this is very close to being approved. He said once the get the go ahead it will be better the etown. They have sponsors lined up and a track builder.

If it does get approved, xtream habitat will face a lawsuit by the sierra club, but that is to be expected. That's another fight we should win but it will take time.

According to Tim James this is very close to being approved. He said once the get the go ahead it will be better the etown. They have sponsors lined up and a track builder.

If it does get approved, xtream habitat will face a lawsuit by the sierra club, but that is to be expected. That's another fight we should win but it will take time.

yea we are very close, we have 4 out of the 6 board memebers for our town on our side right now, we just need to get the other too.

yea we are very close, we have 4 out of the 6 board memebers for our town on our side right now, we just need to get the other too.

cool, i didn't realize that.

we need people that can speak really well and make some good points so we can convince the entire board why we need this to happen.

Thanks for letting me know, I was just about to ride up there tonite.

Keep me posted. Maybe this 45 year old CPA can show somone that off-road riding is just clean family fun!

They can make a fortune off it too.

Thanks for letting me know, I was just about to ride up there tonite.

Keep me posted. Maybe this 45 year old CPA can show somone that off-road riding is just clean family fun!

They can make a fortune off it too.

Good luck my friend. Although you just might be heard this time around.

The board there has consistantly ignored ALL logical explanations until now. West Milford is broke. They now have their back against the wall with this.

As far as the Sierra Club suing? Once the AMA and Blue Ribbon Coalition gets word of that, it'll get real interesting. And I for one, will make sure they are aware of it.

And to make matters worse for the freakin' tree huggers, NJ is down to the wire to live up to their promise of more "legal" riding areas in the state.

We just might pull this off after all!

ill be there tonight,, ill have a broome tiogo shirt on, just stop and say hi while were all cramed in the little space they have..

and please dont be crazy in there or they will think were just a bunch of @$$ holes, let all have our turn to talk...

I attended the town council meeting in West Milford tonight and I have to tell you all it went well. Extreme Habitat went before the township with a proposal to look for property to purchase for building an extreme sports park (atvs and so forth)

within the towns borders.The township approved a resolution to work with,and even appointed a liason ,to help extreme habitat find a suitable piece of property to build their park.Extreme Habitat,with the d.e.p. , Newark watershed ,and the highlands commission

will now begin to examine properties identified as possible sight for development .

This is a huge victory for E.H. and the crowd in attendance let out a cheer when the council approved the proposal.

I have to add this ,

To the people who sit back and think that nothing can be done in New Jersey and dont get involved with atv organizations ,this is proof that it can happen if your dedicated and

organized. Support your local atv club or get involved with groups like Extreme Habitat.

N.O.H.V.C.C. or N.O.H.V.A. The only way it works is with support from the everyone.

You can check out these groups on the web .

xtremehabitat.org

jorva.org

nohvcc.org

I attended the town council meeting in West Milford tonight and I have to tell you all it went well. Extreme Habitat went before the township with a proposal to look for property to purchase for building an extreme sports park (atvs and so forth)

within the towns borders.The township approved a resolution to work with,and even appointed a liason ,to help extreme habitat find a suitable piece of property to build their park.Extreme Habitat,with the d.e.p. , Newark watershed ,and the highlands commission

will now begin to examine properties identified as possible sight for development .

This is a huge victory for E.H. and the crowd in attendance let out a cheer when the council approved the proposal.

I have to add this ,

To the people who sit back and think that nothing can be done in New Jersey and dont get involved with atv organizations ,this is proof that it can happen if your dedicated and

organized. Support your local atv club or get involved with groups like Extreme Habitat.

N.O.H.V.C.C. or N.O.H.V.A. The only way it works is with support from the everyone.

You can check out these groups on the web .

xtremehabitat.org

jorva.org

nohvcc.org

that is exactly right but i just coudlent say it like that...

hey sxdude wehre were u sitting in the metting... i was in the row befor the last on the left hand side,

It would be nice to ride in N.J. legally.

We lost the right to have an Enduro in N.J. after 36 years of using the Allamuchy area. The funny thing is the mountain bikers who were sabatoging our Enduro by taking down arrows during the event are now in danger of not being able to use the same trails, bridges that our club made over the years.

We also lost the Wild West City property one week before this years event because at the last minute we had to have every trail at least 200 ft. away from any stream. Impossible!

The owner of the property would have to get an attorney to fight for the right to have a motorcycle event on his own property which would probably work but would cost too much to be worth it which is what the lady in charge of the town council was counting on.

I am licensed attorney in NJ. It might be fun to get involved in trail access issues. Ironically, when I used to go out to Moab to mountain bike every year, I used to bitch about all the dust the big fat ATV guys were kicking up. Now, ATVs, Dirtbikes, and mountainbikes are in danger of losing trail access. We all need to work together to ensure that we have access to trails and I place to ride. I am stuck humping up to Tower City to go riding with my kids and I would like to ride somewhere closer. If its legal help you need, I would be happy to do a little pro bono, in return for a little trail access. I don't want to blast my e-mail over the net, but let me know the organization and the contact and I can make a call.