Sign in to follow this  

Front Fork Question

purchased the BBR Front springs and have just a question on Oil and levels here.

i read somewhere switching from the 5wt to the 15wt would improve the perfomance, however i remember someone telling me the heavier was not necessarily better for front forks, anyway just wondering what some thoughts are on this subject also

i dont have a manual but someone told me the oil level should be about 5 inches from the top , but is that with new springs in or out when this is measured??

yea.. the heavier oil will be fine. do a test ride with the springs first and see how you like them. i weigh 160 pounds and just fork/shock springs did the job for me :eek:

i couldn't help you with how much oil to use :applause:

just be sure not to use too thick of oil. 15wt will be fine but i put 20wt in my ttr90 and it beats the crap out of me. i have gotten use to it, but after the first ride, it felt like i had just gotten off of my 250 i was so sore. and i weigh 200lbs. But 15wt will be good, i would even so try 10 weight first

I didnt even change the oil in my forks when I got BBR springs. I left it alone and let all of the oil form the stock springs drain off and back into the fork. They work great :applause: