Sign in to follow this  

dualsport tours in Texas?

Looking for a dualsport tour outfit/guide in Texas anyone know of one? Found one that goes to copper canion in Mex. Maybe but I dont like to go to Mexico. Has someone done this trip? If ya did and liked it let me know.

Im in Austin. And you? I am looking for rideing buds. I see eduros on the road but its hard to have the time to run someone down to talk to them.

Im in Austin. And you? I am looking for rideing buds. I see eduros on the road but its hard to have the time to run someone down to talk to them.

I'm in Austin too. Check out this site. Two Wheel Texans Some of the guys ride dual sports. You can find them in the Getting Dirty Section. There is an active group of us in Austin right now. Plus the guy who runs the site loves dual sport (rides a bmw 1150gs).

The Austin members of TWT get together every Tuesday, but that's all riders not just the dual sporters. It's a good group.

Rusty, I can't believe you did not mention the TON?

Texas Offroad Network

Yeah, should have done that one too. I usually think of more offroad, but we have some good overlap between the two places with you, Steve, and Irondawg.

I wish there was somewhere open we could ride to and not have to trailer our bikes. Anyone with a secret they want to share?

I wish there was somewhere open we could ride to and not have to trailer our bikes. Anyone with a secret they want to share?

Where do you live?

Hi guys,

I'm currently living in Laguna Vista, TX, just across the bay from South Padre Island. So far I haven't met anyone into dual sporting. There is a MX track close by and a number of areas to ride the dunes and brush. I migrated to a dual sportso that I could chase my grandchildren around on their minibike and still have the ability to ride on the highway.

I road enduros as a kid and I have really enjoyed getting back out in the dirt. It would be nice to get together with like minded riders here in Texas. I would not be opposed to riding up to the Hill country to meet up with you guys if anyone is interested.

I work Th-Fri-Sat normally with Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed off.

Cool ill check out all the links. TWT looks like a good start.

Zeniac I have a place on Port Aransas and like to get down there from Austin as much as I can. There is a LARGE rideing area on the island that the City has set aside of off road rideng. I have explored maybe 20% of it. The area gose back into the bay sestom. That would be a good mutual place to meat up. I may be going down in Augest it all depends on if the Red Fish start a big run. If not for shure in September :applause: PM me and well see about details.

Ghoti this is a heads up for you too.

Where do you live?

Leander

The port sounds like fun jackrabbit :applause:

Zeniac, I'm in Harlingen just up the road from you. Just sold my dual sported XR650R but picked up another that is dirt only. Have you ridden out at the Port of Brownsville? It's a fun place but only has about 2-3 hours of riding in it or less. Me and a buddy do a ride along the rio grande using border patrol trails and levees from Rangerville to Progresso which is almost a 60 mile round trip in the dirt. There is also a small trail system up in Donna that is right on the river with some elevation changes and brush. Fortunately I sold my bike to a friend of my regular riding buddy so that is someone else to ride with. A DPS agent we went riding with just got a WR450 and will be D/S ing soon. I'm gonna be out of town until the 21st of Sept so I won't have time to do any rides until after that. What do you ride?