Sign in to follow this  

Bad Grizzly!

I just picked up my new 2004 BLUE Yamaha Grizzly! It is an awesome ride! I rode it around my yard and my trails for about 10 minutes then I seen the Coolant Temperature Light come on! When I got back to my house it was smoking and was overheated! What could be wrong with it! I thind it is the oil fan not coming on! It got too hot way too soon it seems like! It took about 20 minutes for the temperature light to go off! I let it cool off and checked the oil and coolant and they were fine! It made me so f***ing mad! I waited 3 days then when I get it home it f***ing overheats! The dealer is going to pick it up and see what's wrong with it. I'm thinking about just taking it back and buy another one from a different dealer. What should I do take it back or let the dealer fix it? I doubt I will find another BLUE Grizzly anywhere around here! I looked at all the dealers around here and this was the only BLUE Grizzly I could find!

That sucks Marcus. I would be so mad. If they won't take it back make sure you get fixed right away and have it in writing that you are already are having trouble with this quad. By the way, who won?

It probably could not handle your awesome riding capabilities Marcus.

Or are you a lardass that overstressed it?lol

This is not funny about the overheating it's a major f***ing problem. I hope I can get it fixed. I weigh 170 lbs. man! I am no lordass! I knew a guy who weighed 400 lbs. who drove an honda 400ex! :applause: that must have been you!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is NOT the quad forum. Shouldn't the moderators move this to the appropriate location? :applause: ...SC

Buying a quad, car, truck etc isnt like buying something from Target. You cant just take it back and get your money or another one. See, its titled and now its no longer new, but used. They will fix it, and it wont cost you a dime. Its all that can be expected.

I just picked up my new 2004 BLUE Yamaha Grizzly! It is an awesome ride! I rode it around my yard and my trails for about 10 minutes then I seen the Coolant Temperature Light come on! When I got back to my house it was smoking and was overheated!...

Wow, this must be the new "ATV Off Road Fury IV", man, they sure to make them real anymore. I have I, II and III and they dont have things like the overheating light or steam from the engine. I'm going to get IV for the Playstation®

I know what the problem is..... It's dragging two extra wheels around! dump the quad and get a bike.

I would say likley your THERMOSTAT is screwed. If its stuck open or closed then its going to over heat. Its probably something as simple as that.

the 2004 grizzly has a recall kit for the overheating which also makes it back fire. Contact the dealer because it sounds like the update has not been done on it. It only takes an hour to do and costs you nothing but another trip to the dealer. It is a heat kit update.

marcus,

i too have a 04 blue griz, never had a overheating problem myself. i was unaware of any recalls as crodeo states. Of course, I live in a cool weather state and you don't.

document the problem.

Give the dealer a chance to make it right. I looked up the Louisiana lemon laws and I will post what I found."

Louisiana's superior law - "lemon law" versus "redhibition".

by Fred A. Pharis, J.D.

I have represented hundreds of consumers in what are commonly referred to as "lemon law" claims. And, Louisiana does have a law that substantially tracks what other states developed in the last thirty or forty years as a set of automobile consumer laws . Many persons who call my office have read up on the Louisiana "lemon law", or have had its provisions often (incorrectly) cited to them by manufacturer's representatives or dealership employees, as they attempt to apply the technical rules of our so-called "lemon law".

Unfortunately, the Louisiana "lemon law" was amended two years ago that lengthens the time that a vehicle must be out of service from thirty to ninety days! This regressive provision was pushed through, I would guess, by a legislator who thinks he's being a friend to manufacturers.

Fortunately, in Louisiana, we have much better set of laws, with bigger "teeth" in it, which is ignored by most manufacturers and dealers, especially when they tell you you have no rights. It is important for you to know about Louisiana's best consumer law, the law of "Redhibition".

Redhibition is a legal term of French root origin which simply means avoidance of a sale on account of hidden defects. It applies to anything you buy. If you buy something that has hidden defects that make the use of it so inconvenient that it must be presumed that you wouldn't have purchaed it had you known of the defects prior to the sale, you may file a claim to "rescind", or undo, the sale. If the problems aren't so severe as to warrant a rescission of the sale, the court may award a reduction of the purchase price, a partial refund of the purchase price. With a reduction, you still must pay the financer in accordance with your financing agreement, but there's a cash settlement the manufacturer must give you.

The consumer's responsibility in a "redhibition" claim is much less technical than the "lemon law"'s requirements of a certain number of days or repair attempts and proving "nonconformance to an express warranty", whatever that means. Under redhibition, a consumer merely need give notice and a reasonable opportunity to repair to the seller and the manufacturer. In automobile, mobile home, lawmower, boat, and equipment cases, this is fairly easy, since you merely bring it to the seller, who is usually a factory authorized repair facility, so two birds are killed with one stone.

As long as the consumer gives the "reasonable" attempts to repair (notice, no minimum number of times requirement), he or she can file a claim or suit when it's not fixed right. As a practical matter, my office advises consumers to go back to the dealer as long as he is willing to attempt a repair, especially if a vehicle or other item is relatively new. In other words, do not "jump" on a chance for a claim within the first few thousand miles of a vehicles life if the dealer hasn't exhausted his repair remedies. That would be unreasonable.

However, when it's clear that the end of the rope is near, consult an attorney if the repairs have either 1) not fixed the problem, 2) apparenlty fixed the major problem, but there are other problems that cause excessive repairs, or 3) you've been induced to repair and repair again over a long period of time with no end in sight.

Under the redhibition laws, you must merely prove that the item failed to operate in the intended manner during normal use and that you have given the seller and manufacturer notice and reasonable repair attempts. It is that simple. No minimum number of repairs, no minimum days out of service.

So, don't get discouraged and don't let some out of state 800-number corporocrat argue the "lemon law" with you. Stay within the principles set forth in What to do when you buy a lemon in Louisiana, and do the right thing."

I found that online at www.Pharislaw.com

You made a good purchase, don't start worrying about that, just get it handled and if you handle yourself right, the dealer could throw in some freebies.

Hang in there. Let me know how things go. And ignore the lame comments. :applause:

Tell him to:

1) Replace the fan switch

2) throw the thermostat in the garbage and leave it out

3) Fill it with Mobil 1 or Silkolene synthetic.

Pull the head and check the ccilynder for scoring, or just give yo a new one.

WHAT A PISSER!!

Sorry, Dude!! :applause:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is NOT the quad forum. Shouldn't the moderators move this to the appropriate location? :applause: ...SC

Ummmm,yes it is,there are sections for the YFZ450,TRX450 and Z400 :eek:

Why'd you get a utility quad if you are so into drag racing little kids?

Make sure any oil you put in there does not have friction modifiers in it or the clutch will slip.

Did you break the thing in correctly or just go drag racing straight out of the box?

This is not funny about the overheating it's a major f***ing problem. I hope I can get it fixed. I weigh 170 lbs. man! I am no lordass! I knew a guy who weighed 400 lbs. who drove an honda 400ex! :applause: that must have been you!

ha ha ha, he said lordass.