1. 1. what is the best?

• cr 125
    • rm 125
    • kx 125
    • yz 125
    • sx 125

what is the best 125cc 2 stroke

if you are gonna say "get a 4 stroke" go away

The YZ has been very popular since the late 90's, but they're all a blast to ride! :applause:

2 STROKER

Seriously, if I were going to go to a 125 I would choose the Honda. It would have to be '05 or later though. The CR has always been a great bike but it has lacked in power for years, and with things the way they are now, when you are on a 125 power is critical. Just this year the CR has made a huge come back in the power department...so if I were going to get a pinger the CR would be my bike of choice.

yz125 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the KTM has the most power, the Honda has the best frame, the YZ fit tall riders the best and have a really good motor, and the suzuki's usually turn the best. Actually that pretty much applies to 250's and thumpers too.

I'd get the one that was cheapest for a clean 02. I'd use it for hill climbing practice. Learning to climb hills on a 125 2-stroke makes you a much better rider cause if you don't learn to use the clutch, you won't be going very far up the hill. :applause:

Now for a 2002 250 2-stroke it would be Honda for MX/FMX only and YZ for everything else.

Good luck,

I hear the 06 kx125 is a nice bike :applause:

I would go with the yammie or KTM. Those new yz's are light, and are supposed to have a real good motor. I can tell you, KTM's 125's motor flat rips

hahahahaha

kx125 is a pretty nice bike but if i had a choice of any bike it be a 2005 kx125 or a 2006 yz125

why are you getting a 125 2smoke?

I would go with the yammie or KTM. Those new yz's are light, and are supposed to have a real good motor. I can tell you, KTM's 125's motor flat rips

i thought kawasaki stopped makin the 125 2 smoke for 06

but yea i used to ride i yz and it was sick. but i would try something new and go with a ktm.

i have a 04 yz125 and i think its a sick bike...when 2 strokes made up the 125 class it was the yz125s that dominated back in the day. yzs have been know for good handling, being light, and having a sick motor. :applause:

Man Im a big suzook guy but,... the YZ wins it. Its so light, and has good handling, and still dishes out plenty of power

I owned an 04 & 05 YZ125. The gear ratios in the 04 were unbelievable. (It was a 5-speed). And now for 05 and 06, they went the 6-speed. But the 05 was a rocket. Best Handling and power. The 06 should be even better with the factory style suspension.