Sign in to follow this  

Guy's please help.

So today I'm riding my 04 rmz that I just got, and I had some trouble. I bought the bike used, but it had very little use. Anyway, the bike has a bit of a bogg on the bottom end and I did not think much of it. Well after riding for about an hour the whole powerband turns into one big bogg in a split second. It was running at about 5mph with the throttle wide open, around the track. Did I foul a plug? Did I blow my motor? please help guys. Also, I dont think that there is dirt in the carb, its very clean around it, and inside the airbox. Thanks a whole lot!

You stated bike had no power, after bike cooled down did power return, there is an updated cdi for the 04 models, had one do exactly what you described, also possible piston cracked across the crown, seen that one too, compression would be down for this to have happened though.

Make sure your hot start is working correctly. Mine sticks sometimes, I have to hold the cable and push the lever.

Dunno if it's the same problem, but i had a bad connection from the CDI to the TPS that caused me major headaches. The fix was a good cleaning and electrical tape.

Is the bike still running the same,{no power} if so check cam timing, check to see if the sprocket spun on the camshaft, does it start easy but has no power more info please

I have the bike torn down, and will have free time on sat to check it out. I'll keep you guy's posted. Thanks guy's.

Well check this out. It was not the spark plug, and it was not the cdi. Today I pulled the carb and was looking around in the float bowl and noticed that the pin that holds the floats on, was lost. Problem solved, yes!!!!! That was the cause for the major bogg. I dont know how it happend, but I'm glad I found out what was wrong. Thanks for your help though.

that's a freak issue, i've never heard of that happening. lol, can't even blame that one on the bike manufacturer.

I agree with 2thumperzdad. Check your hot start. You should take the hot start plunger out of the carb, clean it, lube it with grease, make sure it goes all the way back into the carb until it bottoms. If it's stuck out, your carb won't work properly.

If the pin that holds the float in place was gone, your bike would have been leaking gas from the carb overflow. The needle would never have seated. There would have been a steady stream of gas flowing out the bowl vent line and out under the bike. My guess is the pin fell out when you pulled the bowl from your carb. Check your hot start plunger before it sticks solid in the carb. My hot start stuck and I ended up drilling it out, taping it and "extracting" it from it's bore with a small bolt. Pull out the hot start and clean and lube it, plus lube the cable. You'll be glad you did. I guarantee it. :applause: