Sign in to follow this  

Still waiting for my tag

For my E. Been denied once after eight weeks. They sent my paperwork back wanting to see receipts and labor cost to change it over. I sent them receipts and paid another $32.00 tax. Hopefully it goes through this time. Got my fingers crossed.

Got mine back three weeks ago and already put 800 miles on it.

Do you have any walk-in offices/dmv's? If so have you tried going in in person? In oregon I walked in and asked how to do it, ended up walking out with a shiney new plate for a bike that had nothing done to it after being nice and chatting with the ladies behind the desk. Then again it took over a year to get the title for my late brother's rv into my name to sell it because it was something that had to be dealt with at the state office and not the branches.

For my E. Been denied once after eight weeks. They sent my paperwork back wanting to see receipts and labor cost to change it over. I sent them receipts and paid another $32.00 tax. Hopefully it goes through this time. Got my fingers crossed.

I was thinking of getting a crf 450 and trying to tag it here in WVa but nobody I talked to knows how to do it in this state. :applause:

I do have a buddy in PA so I could register it there, and transfer it later.

My Stepson is 17 and has his eye on my 03 400s so I would give

it to him if I could reqister the CRF.

Post the pain that you had to go to at the DMV.

Thanks for all input.

Here's how it worked for me in VA in titling my E. The DMV didn't offer a lot of advice since this is not an everyday occurence. However, I did visit the local office and spoke with the manager. She was a great help. After this was all done, I went by and thanked her for her help. She appreciated that.

The following is how I handled it - a collection of advice from many different source.

1. Notorized statement detailing all work done to the bike and how that satisfies the road worthiness requirements of the State Police.

2. Letter from the local Suzuki dealer stating is was safe and road worthy.

3. 24 photographs of the bike (lamps, signals, horn, tires, plate holder, etc.)

4. Two VIN rubbings

5. Completed DMV paperwork for application for a title.

6. A check in the full amount for the title and tax

7. A copy of the Baja Designs webpage about the DS kit for the E and how it make a bike street legal.

8. A copy of the State Police regulations that address vehicle inspections (in particular for the conditions that do not prohibit plastic gas tanks or require front and rear brake lamp switches (even though I did install a front hydraulic switch since that may be the only brake I use puttering through heavy traffic).

9. A copy of the inspection slip from the state inspection I had done a day earlier.

10. The MSO

11. The Bill of Sale

I also called the DMV, State Police, different divisions within the DMV to make sure things were moving along.

Result - three weeks later I had a title and tags. :applause:

Bottom line, smile, ask a lot of questions, make a lot of phone calls, have complete paperwork.

Good luck