Sign in to follow this  

TT-R125L suspension adjusting

I have a 2004 TTR-125L and I was wondering if there is any way to adjust the stock front forks to make them stiffer. :applause:

hmmm. i know on the LE, that there is a preload adjuster. look ontop of each fork and you might see something sticking out of each of the forktubes. tighten that down all the way. there are 4 marks on it. 4 being the softest, 1 being the hardest. go all the way to 1.

after doing mine i noticed absolutely no difference. so if your looking for really any adjustment bbr forksprings will be the way to go :applause:

I put in 15w oil after i drained the stock 10w oil. It helped a lot for my '01 ttr 125L!

ok...I'm probably going to try the 15w oil in first to see if that works and if it doesn't I'll try the stiffer fork springs. Thanks

what about putting yz 80 front forks on it? where can you get them from and would it be worth the money?

what about putting yz 80 front forks on it? where can you get them from and would it be worth the money?

It is worth the money, and you can get them off of ebay. Here is a link to everything you need off of the TTR(your model) and the YZ to make it work. http://www.ttr125l.com/yz_suspension.htm :applause: