Adjustable fuel screw loosening

I recently put in a stealth fuel screw and the thing keeps vibrating loose. Luckily I can tell before it falls out because the bike stops idling/dies in tight turns but, are there any ways to eliminate this? I run it at about 1 1/4 turns out. Thanks for any suggestions.

Finally! Someone else having the same problem...

I use a wide rubber band - about 2.5 inches in diam or so - you know the "big ones" like they put around the Sunday newspaper.

I run it around the fuel screw and the float bowl. You don't need very much pressure on the screw, in fact, tight would probably be bad. The band just keeps it from turning. Simple, but effective.

I lost 3 !!!! The first two were in Supermoto and I figured that maybe the constant high rpm caused them to vibrate loose but then I also lost one in my MX bike. I now drilled a hole through the end and used safety wire to keep it secure... kind of defeats the whole purpose of being able to easily adjust it without tools. On my other bike I just put a stock one back in and haven't had a problem since. Usually when it falls out the needle is laying on top of the engine case but the spring/washer/o-ring is gone and you have to buy a whole needle assembly from Honda.

Not sure about the make up of the needle. I would compare its dimensions to the OEM. Look at where the spring end contacts the lip and compare the length from there. Otherwise if it looks the same it may be threaded slightly differently (more material cut bi die) and just not holding.

You can try shimming the spring to add tension. But it's good to know the source of the problem first.

I had this once but it was not the fuel screw's fault. I had not realized the little o ring came off the stock screw and fell out when I changed it out. I did some research, bought the o-ring, put it on my zip ty racing fuel screw and have had no trouble with it getting loose in over a year. I bet it's the o ring.

Kouba makes a press fit extension that fits over the stock screw. After having the same problem your all having, I just leave it in the toolbox and I press it in lightly, adjust my fuel screw, and pull it back off. The extra weight and gravity make these adjusters a problem. www.koubalink.com

Not sure about the make up of the needle. I would compare its dimensions to the OEM

The ones I keep loosing are actually the stock Honda needle with an aftermarket part that slips on and bonds to the needle with locktite... like Antman described but a different brand.

• 7 months later...
I've had a Zip Ty fuel screw for a while. No problems at all.

And it's a snazzy red anodized color too.

My friends see it and they're like, "Yo dawg......dat's hella fresh! You be ballin'!"

And I be like, "Sheeeeeeit.........you know how I roll."

Very nice use of Ebonics. Did you learn that from Nick Wey?