Sign in to follow this  

Decompression cable.... GRRR

Ok, I'm trying to do a simple task like put my decompression cable back on the engine. It just wont go. Not matter how I adjust the little nuts, the cable just keeps getting tighter. Nothing is pinching it and nothing is blocking it. It's down all the way, but it will just not go on! It's the most frustrating thing EVER!! Someone have any advice? Please!

please don't take offense but is it routed correctly? i have some issues in the past with cable routing.

I have a solution. Buy a hotcam, pull the cable and put it in your box of things that used to be on your XR, but you don't need anymore.

I have a solution. Buy a hotcam, pull the cable and put it in your box of things that used to be on your XR, but you don't need anymore.

A hotcam doesn't have an auto decompression system on it. What this means is that you ABSOLUTELY need the manual decompression, unless you have the right leg of an NFL lineman :applause:

Yea well I just took it off because its now broken! Will be ordering one soon.

I am only 15 and I can kick it over(no offence)

WOW, you're stronger than I am!

Bryce, make sure you check ebay. They come up there pretty often and you'll pay a fraction of the price of a new one.