Sign in to follow this  

How is the BBR springs?

BBR Talk

Go to the Search button at the top and type in BBR Springs. Then select the 150/230 forum. There has been a lot of talk about the springs. :applause:

If you are talking about front springs, if you can run one BBR spring and that's a good ride. Hold the bike up in the travel better, but isn't so stiff. Mind you, you still have a stock spring in the other side.

If you are talking about the rear spring, I'd advice against it if possible. Very dangerous rebound. It won't just pogo up and down, it will go side to side. I had to pay $180 to revalve my stock shock, but it reacts much better than the BBR springs. If you get one of those springs, expect to pick yourself up off the ground a few more times then you were planning. Basically, you just can't go fast with thoses.

What TC said is very true my dad 220lb and found the BBR to be way to stiff. He runs stock springs in the front with Race Tech cartridge emulators.

so you guys are saying springs arent really worth it unless you are into really hardcore jumping like 15-20ft in the air but for like 5-10ft maximum you will be okay?...because honestly when i land once i get used to it i can handle the impact really well but im usually standing up on impact which is creating less wieght on the bike...

Remember that pogo stick you had when you were a little boy? Remember how high in the air you tried to get while bouncing bouncing bouncing? And remember what happened when you came down and wanted to stop that crazy pogo stick, but couldn't because you were boinging too much and couldn't stop? Hey? Remember that, bunky? That's BBR in a nutshell. (BBR) Boing Boing Romp.

All kidding aside.. the BBR springs are good for some, not too good for others.

:applause:

Ok so you just put one spring on and it will be good. So for u guys who have done this would you be willing to sell me your other spring??

And has anybody figured out what a good setup for the rear is??

Thanks alot :applause:

Ok so you just put one spring on and it will be good. So for u guys who have done this would you be willing to sell me your other spring??

I be willing to go half and half on a set of bbr springs but have you preloaded your forks yet? way cheaper

I be willing to go half and half on a set of bbr springs but have you preloaded your forks yet? way cheaper

No i havent preloaded my forks yet. i think i am going to before i get bbr springs and see how i like it.

Slederchic, how much was that works preformance shock??

thanks alot :applause:

&%$#@! are your guys talking about...... I ran my 230 /w/ bbr front and back and I weigh 150-160lbs. I loved it.....to see how easy they bottem see my videos: http://www.230.tz4.com

so you guys are saying springs arent really worth it unless you are into really hardcore jumping like 15-20ft in the air but for like 5-10ft maximum you will be okay?...because honestly when i land once i get used to it i can handle the impact really well but im usually standing up on impact which is creating less wieght on the bike...

???? :applause: ???? Eh, no. It's not about the size of the jump and bottoming. The BBR springs are good for that part. It's the rebound that is dangerous.

Someone said , "&%$#@!" and talk about how his 230 works good with BBR springs. I'm sure they are stiffer and the bike rides higher. I had some at one point. You are right about that. When it comes to how your bike handles, however, they aren't the solution you are looking for. The one spring in the front is good, but the rear spring is dangerous. The only way you would be able to understand what I'm talking about is to ride a bike with good rear suspension. You'll just have to trust me on this one.