• honda
    • ktm
    • kawasaki
    • other

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing to do is grab a dictionary. Next you will probably not want a four stroke if you are going to be doing tricks. Heavy engine braking is not desired. Also would deffinitely not want a 250F.

It seems like most freestyler's go with CR250's. I don't think it would really matter for you. Just a 250 two stroke of some kind.

First thing to do is grab a dictionary. Next you will probably not want a four stroke if you are going to be doing tricks. Heavy engine braking is not desired. Also would deffinitely not want a 250F.

It seems like most freestyler's go with CR250's. I don't think it would really matter for you. Just a 250 two stroke of some kind.

Ever heard of jono porter?

he rode a rmz250 in freestyle and flipped it

the first in the world, then theres blake williams he flipped a thumper to kxf250 no worrys

heaps of people are using them now

Ever heard of jono porter?

he rode a rmz250 in freestyle and flipped it

the first in the world, then theres blake williams he flipped a thumper to kxf250 no worrys

heaps of people are using them now

Nope, never heard of him. I'm just saying, a 250 four stroke is not going to be as good as a 250 two stroke. If you were dead set on a four stroke, why not get a 450? What kind of bike do you have now? Four strokes have heavy engine braking, which is noticable in the air. If you go up, and decide to throw the bike out from under you, and hang off the back, you don't want the nose to dive, do you? You could spend a lot of money, and get a auto clutch installed (or whatever it is that engages or disengages the clutch on decelleration), but that's expensive. Also, nobody that I saw in the x-games were using four strokes, and there's a reason.

Any bike that goes semi fast and has somewhat good supension would be ok for freestyle. The bike doesnt need to be a race bike, especially if someone is just gonna take it off a ramp, flail there arms and legs in the air, and call it the mullisha mashed potato...