Sign in to follow this  

KX450 Dual sport

Kawi's dual sport lineup is sooooo dated. They breifly addressed this in 2003 by rebadging the DRZ as the KLX400SR, but that Kawazuki alliance only lasted one year. I believe they were testing the waters with the green DRZ. I'd bet $ to doughnuts that this new KX450 will be tamed into a dual sport bike for 07. :applause:

I sure hope so. I really want one but I dont want to buy a new bike and then a year later be sorry I didnt wait for the desert version.

1. Suzuki screwed to pooch on the KLX deal.

2. The KXF drivetrain is way to "Lite" for the street.

3. The KLX line is in need of some new "Dedicated" models

..........And..........

4. After years of Real Successful KDX/KLX sales...not to mention the KLX110 sales #s!...big K will want to have something on the Show-Room floor to compete with the DRZs, TTRs, CRF-Xs, WRFs...it's going to require "Dedicated" models...

Same goes for the Dual-Sports.

The problem with "Dedicated models is they change things just to change them. All they need to do is take the MX model, Put an e-start, lights and a speedo. Screw R&D!

The problem with "Dedicated models is they change things just to change them. All they need to do is take the MX model, Put an e-start, lights and a speedo. Screw R&D!

As I said, the MX hardware is to "Lite" as to be able to last on the street, pass DOT testing, pass EPA testing, pass the Liability Scared Corp-Lawyers...

You'll end up with a bigger version of the JDM "Tracker" in the end.

I'd sure like to believe we'll get a KDX450F with a 5 speed!

The Title paperowrk alone will prevent this bike from being registered in most states as a convert. Plus, everywhere on them it will say Competition Use only! :applause:

Get a European brand and it is MUCH easier. They actually sell factory street legal dual sports for 2006! Plus, I'm not waiting 3 years for any of the Asian marques to figure out the Dual sport market! It's probably too small for them to bother with.

The Title paperowrk alone will prevent this bike from being registered in most states as a convert. Plus, everywhere on them it will say Competition Use only! :applause:

Get a European brand and it is MUCH easier. They actually sell factory street legal dual sports for 2006! Plus, I'm not waiting 3 years for any of the Asian marques to figure out the Dual sport market! It's probably too small for them to bother with.

Gotta have a Green Dual-Sport?

I've got a KLX400SR...works good enuff for me...go to the VCGP (Virginia City Gran Prix...photo's 63e and 63ee) site and look up the photo's for bike # 63...yup...blinkers, mirrors, kickstand...it's all there!

Necesary mod's?

1. Stiffer fork and shock springs and revalve (For A/AA off-road capabilities).

2. Pipe and Jettting (See "Burned" and his advice on anything DRZ/KLX!)

3. I swapped out the "Street" base-gasket for the "Dirt" base gasket (Higher Compression Ratio).

4. Bigger (Clarke...great folks!) Tank.

5. Remove Evil Industries smog crap!

6. Get your favorite knobb's...VOILA!

Never ride on the stock "Slicks"...

I've got a few years of Off-Road and Moto under my belt and here's what I've learned: The bikes that surprise me the most are the ones that I'd never expected to be so good!

In December of 2006 Kawasaki is coming out with a KX 450 endoro like,Yamaha's WR. IT is suppose to be a 5 speed gearbox ,headlight , tailight & same motor and suspension as the 2006 KX 450. :applause::banghead:

Anyone notice Destry Abbott's website says he's racing the kx450 when it comes out? I sure hope they come out with a WR version. It would be nice to have more choices.

thats going to be very expensive

Actually, it'll be priced to compete with the WR and CRF-X...so...

No. It'll be pretty cheap compared to what you DON'T get on the MX models!

I'm prayin' for the "Button"!

owning both a KLX and KXF, I kinda prefer the kickstart over the "button" :applause:

Not sure why, maybe I just enjoy kicking things..

As for a KXF enduro bike.. I would love to see one. But I doubt the first model that they release, (if they do release one) will be all that spectacular. Seems that it usually takes a few models(a few years :banghead: ) to get it right