Sign in to follow this  

#42 Slow Jet with 185 Main on a KTM 625 SMC?

My '05 KTM 625 SMC comes stock with a Keihin FCR MX 41. I ordered the James Dean jet kit, replaced the airbox top, derestricted the carb, and gutted the stock exhaust end caps.

I went blue needle, 4th clip, 45 slow (stock is 42), and 185 main, and I can screw the fuel screw all the way in and the bike still idles okay meaning I need to go smaller on the slow jet.

From what I have read, a 42 with my mods is too lean, yet it seems to be running fine with the 185 main. Does the 42/185 combo sound right, is my needle setting wrong, or am I on the right track?

I'm at sea level with high humidity and close to 90 temps.

what was the stock needle? dvr?

witht he stock needle the 42 was probably to lean.but with the jd needle the 42 should work fine.

with the fuel screw full in the idle should at least deteorate

I'm not sure what the stock needle was, and since I don't know what dvr is I definitely have more to learn :applause:

With the 45 slow and the fuel screw in all the way, the idle was the same as when the the fuel screw was out one turn. I changed to the 42 last night and will find out how it goes on a ride. Its been so humid lately that it could just be the weather, since it seemed like it was fine with the 45 at first. Again, I'm new to FCR's so "fine" could have just been "didn't realize it was messed up."

Thanks for the help!