Sign in to follow this  

Zip-ty,msr fuel screws worth it

Are zip-ty,msr fuel screws worth the money?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are zip-ty,msr fuel screws worth the money?

• yes
    • no

According to the directions mine didn't fit and I emailed Zip-TY per the directions and haven't heard back yet. So I'm still on the fence. But my ebay purchased Keihin carb that I just installed last weekend works awesome without it. All I did was follow the JD jetting instructions in the kit.

SKI

I would recomend that you stay with a brass screw, Scotts, Kouba, Slavens and a couple others are good brass pieces. The ZT is aluminum and you can ruin the carb if the threads gaul and sieze also some have had the tip stick in the hole and break off, many have had them fall out. Junk

I've use zip ty's on 2 different bikes and havn't had any trouble, they are worth it, I adjust mine to weather and track conditions all the time, just stop on the side of the track and give it a turn, I can't see how these things fall out, I think it's installation error, there are plenty of threads on these things for them to stay in, I have one in my RMZ 450 and it works great, a brass one would probably be better, now watch the f'en thing will fall out tomorrow!!

I use a Storm piece and its great. Wouldn't do without it, especially on a 250F - they are more picky about jetting than the 450s are.

The ZT is aluminum and you can ruin the carb if the threads gaul and sieze also some have had the tip stick in the hole and break off, many have had them fall out. Junk

This is an operator problem, not a product problem.

If it is more than 2-3 turns out, it may fall out. The solution is (as it should be for the stock screw) to go a step larger on the pilot.

The tip will only stick and break if the screw is bottomed out and then cranked down... same for the threads galling. These things are not fasteners... they're adjustment screws.

I also but a small amount of anti-sieze on the fuel screw threads... 1 year now, still in the carb, still able to turn. :applause: