Sign in to follow this  

Acct

My 2002 DRZ400S has 13600 miles on this stock piece. Should I be concerned and if so where is a good place to get a replacement? How much?

Holy crap...13k miles on an 02!!

I wouldnt even start my bike once untill i got a mcct. Order asap!

The 02 has the third generation acct and yes it has been known to fail. I'd definately replace it with a bitech one.

Even if you are no good with a wrench it is an easy install. As long as you have opposible thumbs you should be fine :applause:

O.K. great. I got one ordered up today from bitech. You say they are easy to install, is it easy enough to get it adjusted properly? Also once it is set how often do I need to check or tighten it?

O.K. great. I got one ordered up today from bitech. You say they are easy to install, is it easy enough to get it adjusted properly? Also once it is set how often do I need to check or tighten it?

Just follow the instructions that come with it, and everything will be just fine.

I've read that some guys here on TT have had them in for 2 years or so and haven't had to touch them yet. You're buying a really sweet piece of machined metal, admire it, install it, enjoy it. :applause: