Sign in to follow this  

Installed the Maier MX fender on the 250

I put the Maier Mx style fender on my bike today and I really like the way it looks,it looks way more sporty.

I had no problem with cutting the rear of the frame like the instructions said but I did fully install the fender without cuting anything and it looked ok you could barely see the frame under the fender but I went ahead a cut it off I figured why not loose about a pound.

I'm in the process of trying to post pictures but I'm having trouble.If you want to see the pictures I have I can e-mail them to you if you send me a PM with your e-mail address.

BTW if your thinking about getting one Chapparral motorsports are cheaper than the Maier site.

Yeah TTRBUTCH I remember when you posted about that but like I said and I fully mounted it with the frame un-cut and you could hardly see the frame under the fender I started to leave the frame on but it didn't bother me to cut it.

Here's another picture please forgive me for all the picture post I just figured out how to do it and I'm having fun.

050612043936.jpg

:applause::eek:

Hey DOGGaTTR....That is one fine looking TTR. You're right...the fender looks really good. Im trying to come up with a way to get rid of my tail light and plug the square hole with something...Im not sure what though.

Thanks guys,

I don't know how you can fill that tail-light hole maybe fiberglass but how would you paint it to get the colors to match?

I'll be thinking.

Thanks guys,

I don't know how you can fill that tail-light hole maybe fiberglass but how would you paint it to get the colors to match?

I'll be thinking.

I was thinking of cutting a piece of plastic and siliconing it to the hole...and then finding a cool sticker that is a little bigger to cover-up the whole thing.

I didn't think about that,what if you filled the hole with auto body filler (bondo) or maybe some type of epoxy,have you ever heard of liquid nails it gets hard when it dries it comes in a tube like caulking, sand it down smooth with the fender then put some type of sticker over it.

DOGGaTTR fender looks great what part of the frame did you cut off for the install.

The very end of the frame,see the screws in rear fender?there's about 2" of frame past that screw I cut about 6" of the tail piece off.If for some odd reason I wanted to put the other fender back on,the part I cut off could be put back on with a small bead of weld.

I think the only reason they say to cut the frame is just for looks because the fender fit over the frame just fine but you could see a little of the frame under the new fender by cutting the frame off it gives you a cleaner look.

Here's another picture please forgive me for all the picture post I just figured out how to do it and I'm having fun.

050612043936.jpg

:applause::eek:

Meeooww!!! 🙂 Nice p....!!!

Seriously though, nice looking mod! Thanks for sharing

I knew someone would comment on tha P... well you know theres always some kind hanging out around dirt bikes.

I have a 2005 TTR250 that I want to take the rear light off. Would you recomend this fender

I reccomend it if thats the look you want.

Opinions vary on this subject,but I like the look of the MX fender I mean the light looks ok if your riding on the road you would need it but I see no need for it in the woods.

I also put a YZ front number plate on it,thats still up in the air if I like it or not it looks good but I was used to seeing the head light.

Its a YZ wanna be...HA..HA