Husaberg FE450: 04 or 05?

Trying to decide if its worth it to spend the extra $700 and get the 05. The main difference b/t the 2 seems to be a steeper rake angle and thermometer. Any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

The dealer says he ordered thermo's for the 04's and that he would put in on for free. Other than that, I guess its kind of hard to justify the extra $ if there are no sig. differences (as long as I get the same warranty). Thanks

Just talked to the dealer and found out that for $200 I can get the same engine warranty (parts/labor) for the 04 as the 05. That reduces the difference to $500, so I told him to set up the 05.

Just talked to the dealer and found out that for $200 I can get the same engine warranty (parts/labor) for the 04 as the 05. That reduces the difference to $500, so I told him to set up the 05.

wise choice. i would guess that the forks on the 05's are like the 05 wp forks on the ktm's (i.e. more better and less sucky). the 05 berg i rode in march had very impressive suspension bone stock.

mw

$ 700.00 almost covers a second set of wheels and hubs.... :applause:

or a fork and shock revalve, which might not be needed as much on the '05 (based on my 1 hr of riding on poison spider mesa).

also (this is speculation) but resale might actually start to up above negative numbers for those bikes, in which case a year later model could be several hundred $ difference in resale value, all other things being equal.

I think I stick with the 05 for $6800 instead of $6300(w/same warranty) for 04. I realize $500 can buy other things to make the 04 sweeter, but they made some little tweaks here and there. Newer should be be better, right? Velo, I dont follow you, whats this talk about negative numbers and resale value?

Velo, I dont follow you, whats this talk about negative numbers and resale value?

bergs have a history in the US of very poor resale value. i suspect this will change in the near future, since the 04's and 05's seem to be much more reliable, and they're apparently spending more money on ads so they get better reviews in the mags.

If at all possible, learn to do a valve adjustment (it's pretty easy). Also, change the oil way more often than you think is reasonable, it's only a ltr, and the Berg's appreciate it a bunch. Just put a Akro slip-on on my 04 FS450 and cant wait to try it out!