TTR-125 Clutch Upgrade

I did a search on this topic, but only brought up a few replies.

The TTR125'c clutch is "unslippable," so to speak. Its either on or off. I try to slip it coming out of a corner, I start to fall over, then it grabs suddenly and stands the bike straight up.

The search brought up Barnett clutch kit and BBR clutch springs. Does anyone have any experience with either of these clutch components or any other company that offers a clutch for this bike? Does the clutch just need heavier springs, or does it need better steels, fibers & springs altogether?

Thanks for your help,

Pam

I got the stock friction plates and springs. I stopped the slipping in the clutch. My clutch got so bad at slipping.Now it grabs so much better :applause: . I can be running 4-5 gear and I can still pick the front end up for a wheelie.The bbr spings from what I heard sucked.Barnetts I have no idea about. I searched it on google and didn't really find anything.Next time I talked to my dad I'll ask him about this.I should talk to him about about 11.5 hours.I'll run it by him and see what he says :eek:

I hear Barnett's 'Dirt Digger' clutch kit is real good. And a lot stronger than stock. I may get it sometime since like you basically said, the clutch goes out on you after a while :applause:

The kit includes friction plates, steel drive plates, and HD clutch springs.

I have BBR clutch springs, they dont seem to do much at all that I have noticed. Just a waste of $25 or whatever they were.

The TTR125'c clutch is "unslippable," so to speak. Its either on or off. I try to slip it coming out of a corner, I start to fall over, then it grabs suddenly and stands the bike straight up.

Pam

Your right about the clutch action, real hard to engage smoothly. Just installed the Barnet Kit, and to be honest I can't feel much difference.

Probably would be better off with a different clutch perch.

KRAC

00 DRZ-400

03 TTR-125

Your right about the clutch action, real hard to engage smoothly. Just installed the Barnet Kit, and to be honest I can't feel much difference.

Probably would be better off with a different clutch perch.

KRAC

00 DRZ-400

03 TTR-125

Let us knowif you notice much difference in the near future riding :eek::applause:

Thanks for all the great replies!

...Probably would be better off with a different clutch perch.

KRAC

Krac, what's a clutch perch? The one on my KX100 is perfect...feather's perfectly! Do you think there's a way to take one from another bike? Maybe with some custom welding. Hmmm...maybe I'll take that apart this weekend and look.

See! This is why they need to build a YZ150F!

where the clutch lever goes on and is more adjustable that the stock one. i think is what he is meaning

Oh, that makes sense. It has this strange linkage type setup right now. I think I will do that.

You know something else that helped slightly last night, was cutting off the clutch lever to a 2 finger grip. I hold on with my pinky & 4th finger, so by cutting the lever down, I can now take the lever to the grip which gives me a little more feathering space.

So, based on the recommendations above, I think I will change the clutch perch & try the Barnett clutch. I figure the Barnett has to be a little better then stock, even though some people found that it didn't give much improvement. I think mine might be worn down a bit, so I'm up for a new one anyhow.

Thanks to everyone for all your input. I really appreciate it.

On a side note...I just had the YZ80 suspension resprung for my weight. I highly recommend it. Its a little pricey, but when you feel it, it kicks butt. It feels tons better then my KX100. I'm thinking of selling the KX100 now, bc all I want to ride is the TTR125. I rode with the big bikes last night with some other friends & it felt better then I could ever have imagined.

Thanks again,

Pam