Sign in to follow this  

New suspension question

I'm looking to get new springs from race-tech to support my fat A**. 6'3 225.

Can I get away with just getting the springs or are the gold valves a "Must Have?"

You can do just the spring no problems. I didn't have to do the rear but did the front. FWIW I installed the gold valves in both the shock and forks then and have been very pleased with them. Just rode the other day in a bunch of sand whoops and have never had such a fun time in them.

I got mine done by Richard at http://www.houseofhorsepower.com

No gold valves. But man o man does it work good. Finally got it down to the Dez last weekend where I could really slam it into stuff! It just ate it up!

What would of bottomed and bucked me I can now mow over tapped in 4th!

I highly reccomend getting it tuned by a pro who understands the way you ride!

$$$ very well spent! You can ride way faster for way longer with out wearing your self out!

O ya I am 6'4" 225. Bar risers, suspension and FCR carb are the best mods I have done to my bike! (In that order!)

The shock doesn't really need the gold valves if you get someone good to rebuild/revalve it. The new SM forks don't either.

Why not try the springs int the fork and the shock first? I am quite happy with mine My weight is 230 and went w/ the 5.6 in the shock and the stiffest in the fork and lord knows that Florida is all about whoops and sand deep sand. this setup works well for me. :applause: