Sign in to follow this  

Starting Racing

Hey guys,

I need some advice. I might be getting a crf250r soon and I want to start racing. Nothing too extreme, but kinda serious. I am 18 years old and I have been riding for about 15-16 years. So I really know my way around bikes. I have great natural talent and I can push it hard for a long time. So what is the best way to start?

ummm get a bike and ride it would be a good starting point what do you ride now? and youve been on a bike since you were 2 years old??? i dont think i was walking at 2

well I know that I need a bike, what do you think I have doing all my life, I have had more bikes than I can count

Uhmm... I would say that if you want to race, you need to go to a race, sign up, and pay your fee. Then get on the starting gate when it's your classes turn, and have fun.

Train, practice hard, don't expect too much too soon. But the most important piece of imformation that I will give you is to make sure you have good medical insurance, and find yourself a good reputible orthopedic surgen. The fact of the matter is you WILL fall...and you WILL get hurt at some point, just be prepared. Now get out there and have some FUN!! :applause:

Maybe go to a couple open practices at the track you plan on racing (if they have them). This will let you gauge your speed against the other riders and get rid of some of the butterflies before that first race. Good luck!

Hey guys,

I need some advice. I might be getting a crf250r soon and I want to start racing. Nothing too extreme, but kinda serious. I am 18 years old and I have been riding for about 15-16 years. So I really know my way around bikes. I have great natural talent and I can push it hard for a long time. So what is the best way to start?

The best way to start is a 350-dollar pair of boots and a 550-dollar pair of knee braces. :applause::eek:🙂

Learn how to start and practice your starts often. Novice races are so short that a start is VERY important. Starts are an art-form all their own.

Uhmm... I would say that if you want to race, you need to go to a race, sign up, and pay your fee. Then get on the starting gate when it's your classes turn, and have fun.

That about sums it up! The first time my ol man raced he showed up at a Tuesday practice and raced the following friday. That was a year ago....he has been hooked ever since! GO FOR IT!!! You will wonder why it took you so long! :applause:

Learn how to start and practice your starts often. Novice races are so short that a start is VERY important. Starts are an art-form all their own.

ya i found that out the hard way. In the beginner class, its too hard to make up postitions starting from the back of the pack. There is not enough time and you get tired too fast. Practice starts as much as possible because if you wanna be competitive you gotta get up front out of the gate.

Ya make sure you practice starts. If youve been riding for 15 years, it shouldnt be hard for you to line up in front of the gate.