Sign in to follow this  

Looooong RMZ rides... makin it tuff!

Hey guys, any ideas on how to make the 450 a bit more receptive to long trail/enduro rides?

I'm ok with suspension set up, I was thinking of stuff like coolant, tyres and favourite oils?

I read somewhere in this forum about a product to replace the coolant, to keep the bike cooler. (Which it needs when the going gets slow in the bush).

If anybody's used it, does it replace the coolant all together or just part?

Any ways to change the airflow around the airbox to reduce dust in the box?

thanks fellas... :applause:

John

sorry, no answers to your questions but perhaps you can help me. i am thinking of a RMZ 45 as a new bike. my problem is that it is not designed as an enduro bike. How have you found it to handle off road/enduro riding? Any major problems or suggestions on suspension set up? i weigh in at around 120 kilograms with kit on. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kiwi john , my neighbor PWR makes the oversize radiators for this 450 suzuki... they are 6 - 8 0z more fluid capacity and they are putting an oil cooler on the left bottom radiator built in to the core.(optional) Check it out... or PM me.... crower

To be honest mate, the 450 is awesome everywhere but I can see riders getting beat up a little bit after a long ride if you don't ride agressively. Well... compared to something like a KDX 200 or DRZ400 anyway?!

I'm still breaking my suspension in, but it feels good at the mo... so I can't tell you what I will do to it. Feels a little soft for MX so I'm picking it will be good for trail/enduro's... might speed up the fast rebound as time goes on... i'll keep you informed!

Oh yeah? Engine Ice.... does it replace the fluid altogether? Or do you add it to water?

If I can reduce the temp even a little it would help when I get stuck in crowds of bikes!!

thanks man.

thanks, i would appreciate it if you could keep me informed.... still tying to make up my mind so any feed back would be appreciated.

I boiled mine over once on a tight/slow mountain trail. Refilled with some kind of expensive (I think Spectro, I forget...) coolant and it hasnt happened again. Would guess any coolant upgrade will make it much better. A home made coolant overflow tank would be ideal.

At 250 pounds the suspension is perfect for me for trail riding but soft on the track. I found it less work than my DRZ to carry a pretty quick pace. Maybe you can fill the open holes with an open cell oiled foam to keep more dust out. Or a filter skin?