Sign in to follow this  

2006 yellow YZF250

What do you guys think of this scooter? I think yamaha did a nice job on there new bikes but I am unsure about the yellow.

I love it and ordered one.You may need to be a Bob "Hurricane" Hannah fan to truly appreciate the retro graphics.He was my idol when I was a kid,and me and my friends would watch him race every Sat. and then go riding.I've been getting kinda "bored" with the blue graphics the past couple of years,so when these were announced,I nearly had a heart attack and put my deposit down the next day.

She's beautiful....

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/mcy/500/06yz250F_SE_3.jpg

I love it and ordered one.You may need to be a Bob "Hurricane" Hannah fan to truly appreciate the retro graphics.He was my idol when I was a kid,and me and my friends would watch him race every Sat. and then go riding.I've been getting kinda "bored" with the blue graphics the past couple of years,so when these were announced,I nearly had a heart attack and put my deposit down the next day.

She's beautiful....

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/mcy/500/06yz250F_SE_3.jpg

I agree with what you said. I am also getting the yellow YZF250, I have been a loyal Honda rider but there bikes are getting over priced and the dual muffler is not going to cut it for me! Plus with the yamaha you get reliability :applause:

Yeah, the crf250's are definately having some reliability issues in teh top end. I work at a dealership and we have seen several of them come in needing valves because people ride them hard and don't know that they need shimmed so often. And the yellow is definately the best plastics/graphics idea yamaha has had yet.

why spend the money? Get the blue, Acerbis or who ever aftermarket will have a complete plastic kit in yellow now to match the factory colors. They cost like $120, get some graphics for like $35 (oem from like One Industires or FX) and you have a bike cheaper than the Yellow limited edition with 2 sets of plastic.

Dont see the value there

why spend the money? Get the blue, Acerbis or who ever aftermarket will have a complete plastic kit in yellow now to match the factory colors. They cost like $120, get some graphics for like $35 (oem from like One Industires or FX) and you have a bike cheaper than the Yellow limited edition with 2 sets of plastic.

Dont see the value there

Waht about a tank and seat?

I'm wondering if Yamaha may be testing the waters to see if going back to yellow would be a good move for them. Suzuki is splashing some blue on their graphics for 06' so they may be set for a change also. Personally, I like the blue but like the yellow and black even more. I don't like the fact that Yamaha is gouging the customer for a simple change of color when they will sell more bikes because of it anyway.

Waht about a tank and seat?

yea that makes sence cuz i think the tank on the blue bike is blue. so you would have to get a new tank to make it look rite

yea that makes sence cuz i think the tank on the blue bike is blue. so you would have to get a new tank to make it look rite

The tank and seat both are blue and black. If you plan on going yellow the anniversary edition is a decent buy for only $200 more.

I considered going yellow for my '02 but I've decided I'd need to paint, or have painted, the frame to make it look right. Too much work for me.

I considered going yellow for my '02 but I've decided I'd need to paint, or have painted, the frame to make it look right. Too much work for me.

I can't find any yellow plastic for mine.

I agree, the yellow is beautiful. Nostalgic and it won't get tons 'o' white marks.

EDIT: Does anyone have any insight into if the tank/seat/ plastics will fit earlier models/wr's?

EDIT: RiderX this is the hurricane kit number from one industries for your bike. KIT-YA401-YL I found it using www.froogle.com

I have been a loyal Honda rider but there bikes are getting over priced and the dual muffler is not going to cut it for me!

dual muffler?

RiderX this is the hurricane kit number from one industries for your bike. KIT-YA401-YL I found it using www.froogle.com

Cool...Thanks Jim....Every where i look for the kit it says 03-05. I'm gonna get that kit as soon as I feel like tearing the bike apart and powder coating the frame!!

dual muffler?

Yes dual exhaust, They have been testing them over seas but my dealer said that they will be on all the CRF250's. Just think what a after market exhaust would cost. BIG BUCKS!!!

Cool...Thanks Jim....Every where i look for the kit it says 03-05. I'm gonna get that kit as soon as I feel like tearing the bike apart and powder coating the frame!!

No problem, I've been itching to get one also, but I am cheap, need other things first :applause: Glad to help.

Yes dual exhaust, They have been testing them over seas but my dealer said that they will be on all the CRF250's. Just think what a after market exhaust would cost. BIG BUCKS!!!

yea they been testing but it dont mean there coming out with it. ther has already been pictures in the mags with the 06 450 and 250 in it and there is NO dual exhaust. so sorry but your dealer is full of them selfs.